Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help i have a 1998 R1 and on sundays ride for the second time since i have owned my R1 after setting the front end down from a small wheelie MY LEG IS WET BUSTED COOLANT HOSE THAT MAKES TWICE FIRST TIME IT TOOK TWO WEEKS TO GET REPLACEMENT HOSE! ANYONE HAVE AND OR HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

·
wanna B on the Track
1,150 Posts
dude... i have replaced all my hoses like 3 times... i also have a 98... i think they had a seious problem with their supplier that year... i stopped using yamaha hoses and went to a shop that had a ton of hoses hanging in the back... found some with similar curves and put those on my bike... of course there are some that you can't do that with.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i or not

Should I try to find some type of aftermarket hose since i wanted to the first time but talked my self out of it.It seems that the YAMA hose just aint working. When i replaced the coolant hose the first time i looked for the problem and did not see how anything was hitting the hose it is close to the fan! but it did not look like there was any way the hose could get into the fan but now not so sure i will look at this problem beter and try to find a reason for busted hose!! any one have any advice on this matter.:dunno :fork

1 - 3 of 3 Posts