Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Im kinda a little stund here, possible spyware or a setting?

See my open helpdesk ticket below:

My IE sessions start normally, but after a couple of minutes (or refreshes) the windows go "subordinate" under other windows (Outlook, IM, etc.) and I cannot taask-switch them to the front. I have to minimize all other windows to get to the IE ones. This behavior is consistent (happens every time).

Thanks!

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
Sounds like a memory issue. Not saying physical memory, but memory utilization. Does this happen with other applications as well, or only IE?

I'd recommend starting clearing your Internet cache, history and temp files. Close, then restart your browser. From there, download lavasoft's ad-aware se and get the updates for it. Also, if you can update you Anti-Virus program.

From there, reboot your system and go into safe mode (tap the f8 key after you see you bios splash screen). this will prevent most viruses and spyware from loading into memory. Do both an A/V and spyware scan in safe mode as it will help prevent locked files from being used.

Reboot and see how it goes. There's some additional things you can do, as well as lock down your browser some to help prevent spyware. But, let's start here for the time being.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, I Figured you would be the first one to answer, thanks dude. I remoted into his machine, only to find the absolute most amazing stuff installed, 7 toolbars. I killed something wild like 25 startup processes. Ill keep you posted, still working on it. Ill be done sometime between now and my death.

Thanks again.

·
37,587 Posts
:lol :lol

Reminds me of the Office toolbar when MS Office came out years ago. People would install it, run it and then wonder why they had performance issues.

Good luck, and keep us informed. :thumbup

·
37,587 Posts
ThundeR1cat said:
i wanna grow up and be just like you fjorn :crash :2bitchsla :D

:finger :finger :finger

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAHA ok well I finished up a while ago, that thing was pretty blasted. He had two different antiviruses on there. His running icons in the bottom right corners once extended reached halfway across the bottom!!!! Needless to say, i sent out a corporate email about what you can and cannot install! Thanks again for your help dude, I just needed something in my head BEFORE i jumped into this thing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.