Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh man. Beautiful. Mine is in a crate at the dealership here in Michigan. I am waiting for the temps to warm in a few weeks. Raven also. It has been 9 years for me since I sold my 2008 Raven R1. I am just dying to get out there.

What are you moving from?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice looking ride 2020R1Dreamer. Good to see so many of us buying up the revised R1, myself included.

Have you gone for a ride yet?

Sorry for the late replies but its my 1st rocket, i have an old naked goldwing and a cb500 four. Tho i have always dreamt of a R1, and the facelift on the bike let alone the engine revisions made it hard to say no. So far i put 2 trips on it for 190mi total. Its truley been a more phenomenal bike then i could have imagined, mind you im going mostly easy on the break in and learning the bike. Its hard to hear wit the stock pipe at low rpm so far tho i could not be happier with the bike and its ability to control its power and get it to the ground. The wheelie control and slide control even the quickshift make it a easy bike to just hop on and learn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's mine.
Got it a couple weeks ago.
Lots of rain up here so only like 350 miles.
Raced liter bikes for years but it's been a little over 6years since I hit the track. Now with me turning 50 in less than a year I sold the car I drove to work every day and bought a new race bike!! Yep, I'm that dad ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's mine.
Got it a couple weeks ago.
Lots of rain up here so only like 350 miles.
Raced liter bikes for years but it's been a little over 6years since I hit the track. Now with me turning 50 in less than a year I sold the car I drove to work every day and bought a new race bike!! Yep, I'm that dad ? View attachment 1011487
Thats pretty impressive super nice bike. Glad to see others jus as excited and happy with the 2020s

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I had a lot of people tell me not to get the R1. Some because of organ ahmik's some because the crankshafts were snapping some because the BMW makes more power..... lots of reasons.
However, I believe they understated the improvements they did to the engine. With all those little improvements I bet we see 6-9 more hp on top. & we already had the best chassis out of the box. The there's price. I got mine for $15900 + approx $320 for dmv so I'm happy with it.
Sucks waiting for the ecu guys to crack it..... but I sure as hell cant.
& ya don't want to remove those 4 cats without tuning as they run lean already. Here's my other track bike(it keeps me in shape for roadracing).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2 super clean yammies you have there. And i still personally believe yamaha is the better more reliable bike out there right now. Like you said the price aint bad for what you get. My main reason i got the new revised is mostly the engine work they have done, i am hoping and faithful they have perfected their mill. The electronics played a big part in me finally making the move to a bike thatll take a lifetime to learn how to ride. I dont think i would have ever jumped on say a 06 R1 simply because those bikes were extremly raw and unforgiving. Knowing im not gunna spin the rear or wheelie if i make a slight error on the throttle is nice but its clear how mean the bike would be witout the electronic learners. Nice to see your enjoyen yours just as much as i do mine. Is a tad rough to be on for hours but worth it. Thanks for the advice. I do wanna put a pipe an tune on it one day but itll prolly be a year, i just dont like the look of the stock nor can i hear the bike at cruising speed very much, tho i may jus go slip on an try to remove the exup valve, and leave the cats alone not sure tho time will tell. Im learning and enjoying the bike as is then goin from there an hopefully by then more shops will have decent tunes for the revised bike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Itll be cool to see how many bikes this post ends up with. Hope it keeps going as more people get em out on the road.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts