Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
What bodywork you get?
Fairings showed up. These are the Carbonin Fairings. Over all fit was pretty good all the holes line up and only one needed a small mod (last seat pad bolt was just a hair off and took a little sanding,) Don't really know how to just carbon :) It's a tad thinner than the OEM stuff and is a couple small points aside (on the tail most people wouldn't even notice) stays true to the OEM styling. These have a cutout for the side stand. Installed pretty easy. The only "gripe" would be the top of the tail and it's only if you plan on using the CCU. While its molded for the CCU it's not cut for the cable to be run so that's something you'd have to do yourself. Thinking would have been better if this were two pieces instead of one. Because if you have the CCU installed when you have to remove the seat you have to disconnect and remove the CCU which will be a pain because I would mount it to the subframe not the bodywork. So that's really the only gripe well that and the price lol. the original intent was to leave it unpainted but now if I keep the bike I'll probably paint it, so that was a lot of wasted $$$$ Nope didn't think it through at all lol. If I had to do it over I would have gotten the fibre glass version.

The Akrapovic exhaust isn't on the bike as it's being used to create a map

IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also have the Carbonin Airbox and tank covers. They aren't installed as I didn't fee like taking off the tank at the moment and waiting to see if this guy is serious about buying the bike tomorrow. Test fit of the tank shroud was good, but not sure if I liked it because I squeeze pretty hard with my legs and the flexing would drive me nuts. While I liked the ergo of it I'd probably try to put some padding in that expansion space so it doesn't flex so much. The airbox cover is a one piece unit that combines the airbox with the side tank panels. Wished they had cut the vents like on the OEM but not a big deal.

·
Gian11
1,595 Posts
That is one tasty R1. Makes me miss my carbon fairings.

BTW, don´t cut the tail and test it just leaving the GPS antenna under it. I have it that way on my bike and the CCU works just fine.

Fairings showed up. These are the Carbonin Fairings. Over all fit was pretty good all the holes line up and only one needed a small mod (last seat pad bolt was just a hair off and took a little sanding,) Don't really know how to just carbon :) It's a tad thinner than the OEM stuff and is a couple small points aside (on the tail most people wouldn't even notice) stays true to the OEM styling. These have a cutout for the side stand. Installed pretty easy. The only "gripe" would be the top of the tail and it's only if you plan on using the CCU. While its molded for the CCU it's not cut for the cable to be run so that's something you'd have to do yourself. Thinking would have been better if this were two pieces instead of one. Because if you have the CCU installed when you have to remove the seat you have to disconnect and remove the CCU which will be a pain because I would mount it to the subframe not the bodywork. So that's really the only gripe well that and the price lol. the original intent was to leave it unpainted but now if I keep the bike I'll probably paint it, so that was a lot of wasted $$$$ Nope didn't think it through at all lol. If I had to do it over I would have gotten the fibre glass version.

The Akrapovic exhaust isn't on the bike as it's being used to create a map

View attachment 1013204 View attachment 1013205

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is one tasty R1. Makes me miss my carbon fairings.

BTW, don´t cut the tail and test it just leaving the GPS antenna under it. I have it that way on my bike and the CCU works just fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot. Funny didn't even think about that. Sometimes the simplest things are all it takes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Selling so soon?
Trying yeah. Don't have buyers remorse but can admit when I've made a mistake. I don't want a digital bike. It's a great bike for sure but just not for me. I'd be better off looking for a 05/06 R1 and work on that. Just rider preference. But having said that I'm not going to give the bike away and the 3 people who've contacted me about it have been lowballing and I have no patience for that. So probably stuck with it, not a big deal

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I just joined the “2020” club this afternoon. Blue one. Now just impatiently waiting on the ecu flash to become available

41 - 48 of 48 Posts