Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2020 R1M just pickup a few weeks ago. Because of the holiday season. I haven’t got to ride it much. This is my first Yamaha. Previously Ducati Aprilia owner. I like the over all feel of the bike. A little bit harder for me to tuck in at a full tuck hopefully when I get a new rear set and handle bar fitted I can get a better ergo on the bike. Don’t like the seat very slippery. Electronic suspension works well on the street for the 300 miles I put on. Haven’t got time to go to the track yet. I can definitely feel the suffocation of the euro 5 exhaust. So a full system is in order for sure. A shot next to my v4 track bike. I do prefer the more linear feel when the power come on unlike the Ducati which is more violent and more explosive. The r1 power come on more gently and more linear make it overall a much smoother experience.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Very nice! Once you get the R1M sorted out—a few of us would be interested in hearing more about how the V4 compares to the M. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,943 Posts
Nice!!
FYI, you can extend your wheelbase. There is a "notch" that you can cut out on the swingarm. Check it out. Lil thing yamaha didnt exactly put in the pamplet yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
I believe the reason is swingarm angle. Also Attack triples complement the extension.
more for track riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!!
FYI, you can extend your wheelbase. There is a "notch" that you can cut out on the swingarm. Check it out. Lil thing yamaha didnt exactly put in the pamplet yet.

I might have to take a deeper look. Didn't see any cut out. Are you talking about the adjusting the angle of the pivot for the swing arm like ducati v4r, or like a physical hole on the swingarm.

·
Unacceptable
1,245 Posts
I might have to take a deeper look. Didn't see any cut out. Are you talking about the adjusting the angle of the pivot for the swing arm like ducati v4r, or like a physical hole on the swingarm.
Probably the rear axle adjustment area, not the front end where the swingarm pivot lies.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,943 Posts
Rear wheel axel location on the swingarm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey htownR1M,

Congrats on the bike. Which number did you get?

I just picked up my 2020 as well, but it was shipped to me. Still need to wait for this damn snow to melt.

I look forward in seeing what a full exhaust and a proper tune will do with these revised CP4 motors.

The Ape looks sick! I was on the fence with buying a RSV4 RF 1100 Factory and the R1M, but I really had my heart on the Yamaha for a long time, plus the Ape is long in the tooth, redesign will be any year now.

I got number #0400

1 - 8 of 8 Posts