Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Track bound.
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
For me, I don't really mind the bulky TPU gauntlet since it doesn't get in the way and does offer some protection.

The Heroics are much slimmer in the gauntlet like the Helds.

·
STUNTASTICALLY NOICE!!
1,238 Posts
Ive tried on a pair of HEROIC gloves. I have A* GP PRO's. I must say... the HEROIC gloves are much more comfortable than the A*'s.

·
18,870 Posts
Sort of ironic... Was just putting on my Phantoms and noticed the hole below, ugh...
fiveoh - where did you get those goves? think i'm going to give them a try.

Where is your visor squeegee?

I think I'm going to order a pair of the heroics too.. They look sweet, and Todd is good peoples! :thumbup

·
18,870 Posts
that's the right glove - squeegee is only on the left. funny thing, as dumb as it seems it really does work.

i just left Todd a VM. i'll see what he says.
Ahh, makes sense.. Don't wanna take your hand off the throttle going down the road.. :lol

I know Todd is at NJMP today/this weekend for the races.. I'll have to send him a msg on some custom ish..

You doing Summit main Aug 3rd?

·
18,870 Posts
Can't do summit on the 3rd. Next time at the track will be the last weekend in august with NESBA @ Beaver. I'll probably do the weekend after that at Nelson as well.
You really should come out to Beaver and play. Great track.
Ah, I'm pretty sure I asked you in another thread.. my bad! :lol

Memory loss from getting old!

·
Track bound.
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, I'm just back from the track and these gloves are seriously perfect. From the first session on the track when I tucked in behind the screen I was like, "ah, these things feel like home".

Everybody who tried them on was blown away and couldn't believe how comfortable they were without any break in.

After a bit I tried on some Astars again for comparison and they felt clunky.

·
Track bound.
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
He was at the races all weekend, but should be back now. I'd give him a call back in the morning, he's pretty busy these days. Trust me, you want these gloves! :fact

·
Track bound.
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
:lol

Just know this, if they weren't all that, I wouldn't be hyping them up. Heroic sent me their first set of prototype gloves and they sucked, bad! Four generations later, and with feedback from myself and other racers, I am blown away by what they've evolved into.

·
Save the Wrld from bad design
491 Posts
Gents, sorry, been away at the races and am now back sweating in the muggy heat of New York City. $185 was a racer promo I was running for the previous model. The gloves are $260 and full custom and extra $30. I will run a promo due to Lars feedback. $200 up till August 28th, "My birthday". all pics are on my facebook ' Todd McNabney ' 917.846.2671 These are full exotic skin gloves. Robertino Pietri has thoroughly tested these SP-R's

·
Registered
305 Posts
Gents, sorry, been away at the races and am now back sweating in the muggy heat of New York City. $185 was a racer promo I was running for the previous model. The gloves are $260 and full custom and extra $30. I will run a promo due to Lars feedback. $200 up till August 28th, "My birthday". all pics are on my facebook ' Todd McNabney ' 917.846.2671 These are full exotic skin gloves. Robertino Pietri has thoroughly tested these SP-R's

Hmm...290$ is different then $350 I was told over the phone. I guess everyone wanted to dodge my post but thats ok.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
Dayumn! Hell of a picture! :rock :rock

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
15 Participants
2WEELFERRUM04
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing