Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Can i bum $1
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl and I are seriously considering moving to Austin and I'm wondering about the area for riding? We're planning a trip out to see the area and all that. But I figured you all could provide a true feel for the area from a riders perspective.

·
Can i bum $1
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweetness. I'm diggin Austin more and more.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Man you nuts!? Beautiful hill maybe out of town. Ever time I go visit my sis I get caught up and lost direction of where I'm going when your near UT...O yea, hills like a moe foe too but stop signs every block.

TexAggie2002R1 said:
Austin is bad-ass. Lots of hills, beautiful ride.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Austin is only 35 min from San Antonio, some good roads out there too. BUt then you are just a little away from hill country, GREAT roads there!!!

·
Savin Some $$$$
13 Posts
Im taking your going really fast Indian... lol. In my car it takes me an hour but my bike takes me like 40 min.

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Hey all of you guys that live in or near the Austin/San Antonio area, let me express my sentiments for you:

:finger :finger :finger :finger

Gee, it must be suck a burden to have such nice riding close by......LOL Houston sucks, unless you want to run Loop 610 or Beltway 8 at triple digits.:2bitchsla

·
12th Man
175 Posts
I actually live and ride in College Station, about an hour east of Austin. I like riding here b/c it's a safer ride with less traffic and less cops on the back roads outside of the city. I was born and raised in Houston, where I wouldn't own and much less ride a motorcycle (death-trap). There are some nice twisties and straight aways in CS. There is also a nice motorcycle club in town that meets ever Thursday with a pretty good turn-out each week. Lots of bikes in this town.

And my cat was sniffing the camera when I took that shot. He's a really cool cat. Fetches and growls like a dog, yet clean like a cat.:yesnod

·
Registered
309 Posts
2222, 1431, Lime Creek Rd, Park Rd 4, just to name a few. Anything 20-30 mins. west of Austin basically.

·
Can i bum $1
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet. Thanx guys. The more I hear about the area the more I like.

·
Dog
173 Posts
Head out west on 290 from Austin. Check out Pedernales Falls State Park. Great scenery and riding. It's near Johnson City. You can even tour the Lyndon B. Johnson Ranch. A little further west on 290 gets you to Fredericksburg. A lot of antiques and stuff. Hang a left on 16 and head south about 27 miles you'll hit Kerrville. Keep going south on 16 to Medina (about another 27 miles), stop at Uncle Bubbles Burgers and get a breakfast taco. It's $1.87 and the best I've ever had, then turn west on 337. THE BEST RIDING PLACE EVER. I've made the trip there 6 times since last spring.

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Damn Romans, we need to hook up and ride if you live in Spring. Not too far from me.....LOL

·
Dog
173 Posts
Yeah, maybe I could take the Warrior for a test spin around the block :D . Seriously, on the hill country runs I mostly ramp up the bike into the back of the F-150 and drive it out to Kerrville, spend the night at a motel (or campsite like Garner or Lost Maples), drive for a full day and then truck it back home. You'd really like Hwy 41 on the Warrior, 65mph posted sweepers, straights, and hills for 30 or more miles. :yesnod A bud and me did 450 miles of hill country last Friday on our Busas. Ended up in Luckenbach for a cold one and then had a real cold ride back to the motel.

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Sweet dude!! I love the sweepers:rock I've almost got all of the chicken strips off the tires:thumbup I haven't ripped up pavement with the BT-020 tires before so I'm kinda taking my time hitting the outer edge. The Avon's I was running.........now I had the strips scrubbed off a week after I bought 'em....LOL I'd love to head out to the hills and see something different than all this concrete around here:yesnod

1 - 16 of 16 Posts