Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· back it in
74 Posts
What are you racing in a straight line? Dude you don't need to do any work to it. Learn how to ride and smoke that gixxer out on the track. 48,000, she's got alot more to go. like they said ride it till she's dead, save your money for tires and trackdays

· back it in
74 Posts
I have a 02 954 with 27,000 miles on her and she doesn't miss a beat. I have had guys ride my bike that have newer models and say that my bike feels better and newer than theirs. Obviously some of these people don't take care of their bikes very well. All I do is trackdays and ride aggressive in the twisties, so I am by no means easy on her. It's all about how you take care of your machinery. I have a friend that just tears up bikes in less than a year because he just doesn't care. If you take care of these machines you probably don't have much to worry about till you get over 60,000, with the exception of regular maintenance and wear and tear parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.