Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hibernating
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 99 R1 that i've been riding this season and absolutely love. I picked it up at approx 51,xxxkm's and currently have 72,xxxkm's on it.... in miles that'd be 48000mi

Now here's my dillemma; she burns no oil, needs minor maintainance, a tune-up at best, and boots like a bat outta hell. Only issue I ever had was up against an '04 Gixxer 1000.

So here's my dillemma; I'm not sure what to do with her? I need ideas!

I'm attempting to sell her for a meager $4000cdn as is with a couple of mods; my reasoning being if Im going to put money into a bike, why not just get a new one?

I was considering an 02/03 engine swap, but I dont know where to pick one up that would be reputable/reliable.

Any insight/suggestion would be appreciated.

· Hibernating
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
....well guys, I hate to say this, but she sold on Friday!

I took my last ride out with her that night, and handed over the papers to the new owner. She's sitting in my garage right now, but with no papers. He's to pick it up sometime this coming week.

Annoyingly enough my best friend just went out and picked up an '01 R1.....gah....some people have no taste so they pick on others.

Never fear, "the one" is in my blood......it'll be the only bike I buy next. I'm excited for a newer one!

Ideally I'm looking for an 03 LE, a dream would be the 04/05 LE Raven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.