Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· There can only be one `R1`
379 Posts
The 2 exhausts that I am thinking of using is the Hindle and the Akrapovic. So far the best power I have seen on a full exhaust, has been the Hindle, but I am waiting for more info before I make my choice. As long as the Hindle comes TI then thats the way I might be going. Weight is also a factor with my choice so if anyone has any info on this subject please let me know.

Thanks Andreas Miko

· Tricks are for kids!
168 Posts
I got one on my bike and never had a problem with, The high mount give it a better sound (deep) and looks good too. They are made in canada so it might be easyer and faster getting it, and if it does not fit good help is not far away, mine toke too different elboes to get it right, but i got a perfect fit and i still kept my rear pegs.

Attachments

· uwantnr1
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. eddy2000k nice pic. Do you have the part number on the elbow that worked for you? The can in the picture is aluminum right?

· starting to eat my r1 back
192 Posts
Here is another view of one...I love the sound..sounds better than any other R1 I have heard around here.

· Tricks are for kids!
168 Posts
I don't have it, I got the pipe installed at a local shop. The guy that runs it says that he can call up hindle when ever he has a problem and the send another part to him. I can try to find out what part # it is for you. Ya it's aluminum.

P.S. I also have the low mount if you want it, I don't need it. Can I see your bike?:hellobye

· This...is a...a...suck!
1,268 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
The 2 exhausts that I am thinking of using is the Hindle and the Akrapovic. So far the best power I have seen on a full exhaust, has been the Hindle, but I am waiting for more info before I make my choice. As long as the Hindle comes TI then thats the way I might be going. Weight is also a factor with my choice so if anyone has any info on this subject please let me know.

Thanks Andreas Miko
I was looking to get the full Hindle system as well, however I heard that because the header was 4-2-1 that there was a mid-range power issus. Is this not the case?

eddy2000k:
What did you do for jetting after the system? It seems smooth through all the rpms?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.