Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Made You Look !
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to purchase a hindle slip-on. I want the titanium high-mount. Anyone have any pics ? Where can I go to buy this ? I have searched for places to purchase this from, but no luck. :mad:

·
Made You Look !
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet bike !! No one knows where I can get one of these ????? Please help me ??:jump

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fzrider said:
I think I am going to purchase a hindle slip-on. I want the titanium high-mount. Anyone have any pics ? Where can I go to buy this ? I have searched for places to purchase this from, but no luck. :mad:

I can only find them in parts unlimited,I have also looked:dunno

·
Made You Look !
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks. I know there are many members that have a hindle on their bikes. Someone will weigh-in.....hopefully

·
My wife hates my R1
246 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think Canadian Dealers can get them through Parts Canada, Sucks to be down South except for the longer riding season....

·
The electronic energy of .....
82 Posts
This may be a little late, but I ordered the titanium standard mount from Parts411.com last week. I thought they had the best price. It was a bit tricky as they only listed the slip-on pipe as fitting the 02. It should arrive tomorrow.

·
Made You Look !
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mikel195 said:
This may be a little late, but I ordered the titanium standard mount from Parts411.com last week. I thought they had the best price. It was a bit tricky as they only listed the slip-on pipe as fitting the 02. It should arrive tomorrow.
did you have to buy the midpipe seperate ? i was looking at the highmount and it seems that you have to buy the titanium can and the highmount midpipe seperate. did this seem the same for you ?

thanks

·
82 Posts
Yes, they are separate parts, which is why it was so confusing.
After thinking about it for a while, I decided that this is actually a good thing, as if I want to convert to a high-mount, it will only cost me another $60. Also, if I want to go with a full system, I only have to purchase the header pipe.

My pipe actually arrived today, so I am sitting her looking at it. I would install it, but I did not realize that I needed some silicone sealant to install (as recommended by fellow members here).

I also noticed that it did not come with installation instructions, but they are available on the Hindle website (this is also where I saw the reference to the silicone sealant). http://www.hindle.com/road/html/sliponinstructions.html

I will pick up some tomorrow - PERMATEX® ULTRA BLACK® Gasket Maker - and finish the install later in the week. Not in a real rush, as my right mid and lower fairings are being painted this weekend (removing last fall's lowside scratches) and it's also pretty cold here this week.

I'll keep you posted on how it sounds once I install it.

·
82 Posts
dpenoyer said:
Just put mine on
dpenoyer - just curious, did you use a sealer? Also, were there any problems encountered? I will install this weekend, but not quite sure how far I need to slide the midpipe into the can. How big of a gap do you have between the spring mounts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts