Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying an HMF high mount tomorrow, what color should I get, blue anodized,aluminum of carbon fiber.The price difference is 25 $ between them. So the $ isn't really a big difference. Is it true about CF. displacing heat? Wait I am sure it is, but will it make a real difference. I know the pipe wont get hot enough to melt the tail section,so is there any performance difference? O yea you will never guess what happened to my bike today. I went in the garage & started it up, but I forgot to disconnect the trickle charger. So it starts to warm up ( just a few seconds ) and it starts sparking.
Turns out the wires were laying on the exhaust. It melted the damn wires! No big deal I thought, Just splice them back together. But on closer inspection of the bike the god damn wires melted a whole in the tail section!!!!!!! O no O no, I felt so damn stupid!!!! Luckily I think the seat will cover the whole, @ least I hope so.:(

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
That sux !! Good luck on the purchase of the new pipe
!! Hey are You going to the bike show at the IX center ?? Let Me know!! R1_echo and I are planning to be there at 10 am on Sat morning Feb, 2 Like I said let us know :rock You can contact me through My e-mail [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts