Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Left 4 Dead
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST....

The Honda 1000RR by the numbers as published by the newest issue of Cycle World.

1.3 - inches longer on the swingarm over the 954

145 - HP as tested on Cycle Worlds Dyno ( CORRECTED HP )

76 - Foot LBS of Torque

25 - Pounds HEAVIER than the 954

1.8 - Inches lower on the clip-ons than the 954

10.14 - Quarter mile time

140.79 - Speed at quarter mile

178 - Measured top speed with calibrated radar gun

OTHER NUMBERS ON THE 1000RR

Weight: Empty- 431 Full- 459
Braking distance: From 30- 30ft From 60- 127ft
0-60: 2.7 sec
0-100: 5.3 sec
List Price: $10,999

Now for the mini shoot-out they did !!!!

ROLL-ON from 40-60: ( they did not give exact times but they did say the Honda was quicker )
ROLL-ON from 60-80: Honda 3.1 sec Suzuki 2.8 sec
Measured top Speed: Honda 178 Suzuki 176

WILLOW SPRINGS "BIG" TRACK LAP TIMES:
Honda 1:23.59 Suzuki 1:24.28

Interesting Note:
They said that the quarter mile times for the 2004 GIX1000 were slower than the 2003 GIX1000 numbers...

10.27 @ 139.91 as compared to the previous year 10.05 @ 142.46

SHOULD BE AN INTERESTING FULL SHOOT OUT WHEN THE R1 AND ZX-10 ARE THROWN IN !!!!!!

:thumbup

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Notice the Honda, despite having less torque and more weight put down a faster lap time? Lightest doesn't always mean quickest around the track.... Should be a fun season!

·
RR representin'...
48 Posts
heard from the guys in daytona testing the 1000RR...it put up the FASTEST LAP TIMES...

that GSXR1000 is gonna be a laughing stalk of the liter bikes this year...

think about it...THE NEW R1, 1000RR, AND 10R!!!

- D

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
It's amazing how people only notice what they want to.

Did you notice also in the article he says that: "Dyno charts, lap times, quarter mile E.T.s, whatever, the performance parameters of today's 1000s are set only by our own fears."

Mark Cernicky

It all depends on who's riding what bike. Just look at Moto GP and what Rossi is doing on a supposedly "Inferior" Yamaha M1.

The Gixxer is not going to be the laughing anything.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
I've been laughing at it for a few years now. It's kind of funny looking.

Hey Afab, what the hell happened with your avatar? I wasn't finished with the other one yet.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
GXRKLR said:
I've been laughing at it for a few years now. It's kind of funny looking.

Hey Afab, what the hell happened with your avatar? I wasn't finished with the other one yet.
hahahaha

You've been laughing becuase you've been smoked silly by it for the past 3 years. :finger

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
GXRKLR said:
[BHey Afab, what the hell happened with your avatar? I wasn't finished with the other one yet. [/B]
Ha ha ha. I had to let it go for a while. I was starting to fall in love with that a$$. So I replaced it with a pussy .....cat.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,449 Posts
Turbo329 said:
It's amazing how people only notice what they want to.

Did you notice also in the article he says that: "Dyno charts, lap times, quarter mile E.T.s, whatever, the performance parameters of today's 1000s are set only by our own fears."

It all depends on who's riding what bike.
I would certainly agree that who's ever @ the controls makes a diff but in many testing cases now all the journos/testers ride all the bikes therefore making it a mute point correct??

BD

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
Turbo329 said:
hahahaha

You've been laughing becuase you've been smoked silly by it for the past 3 years. :finger
The show room is the only place I have ever seen a G1k in person. I think they're skered to come around. :lol

·
Damn that R1's ......
730 Posts
GSXR=UGLY

UGLY=GSXR

Even the paint schemes they use look like they belong to the early 90's.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
I think if the only thing you guys can come up with about the G1k is that it is ugly...then that says something. I can tell you right off the bat that the G1k is going to be struggling in AMA just like Eric Bostrom was on the Kawasaki...he is going to be down on power(due to the throttle body restrictions that were imposed on them) not to mention the tires failures.

Those of you that said it will be the laughing stock either know nothing about racing or are smoking crack. You can never count out Mladin in any race. You can say the same for Duhamel. I just hope that Ducati gets it's ass handed to them by the other factory teams be it Honda or Suzuki.

The Hondas are going to be fast at Daytona...but that is just one race, there are many after that. Had they not put the restrictions on the Teams...I think the G1k would surely be the bike to beat again this year. :sneaky

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:

The Hondas are going to be fast at Daytona...but that is just one race, there are many after that. Had they not put the restrictions on the Teams...I think the G1k would surely be the bike to beat again this year. :sneaky
Actually, when testing at Infineon Raceway, Mat lapped faster than he did last year on race tires. He's only going to be off pace at Daytona, Road America, and Brainerd. He really throws that bike around well.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Turbo329 said:
Actually, when testing at Infineon Raceway, Mat lapped faster than he did last year on race tires. He's only going to be off pace at Daytona, Road America, and Brainerd. He really throws that bike around well.

Um Mat is not racing Daytona....where have you been :2bitchsla

·
Registered
70 Posts
Contrary to this and other threads, I would say the GSXR1K is holding up exceptionally well! It has more midrange power than any of the bikes and is right there--within a few rwhp--on total power. Quite remarkable when comparing it to the 3 clean-slate bikes.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT getting a 1k, but I still think it is an awesome tool!

·
The World IS Mine
562 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
Um Mat is not racing Daytona....where have you been :2bitchsla
Ummm... :2bitchsla

"I still feel the same way about Daytona as I did when we were there in December last year, the only thing is that I may have said a few things in the heat of the moment that I shouldn't have had. What I can say is that I will be racing a Superbike there this year in the 200, but will be planning our race according to the conditions. The title of ?Mr Daytona' doesn't do anything for me, what I'm here for is to win championships. There are eighteen races in this year's championship and that is only one of them."

Mladin and his Yoshimura Suzuki team have completed their pre-season testing schedule and will now make final preparation to their machines before making the trip cross country to Daytona for the opening round of the championship, the Daytona 200, which for the first time will be held on a Saturday (March 6).

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2004/Feb/e/n040218b.htm

·
Registered
53 Posts
afabbrin said:
Notice the Honda, despite having less torque and more weight put down a faster lap time? Lightest doesn't always mean quickest around the track.... Should be a fun season!
I guess honda's "mass centralization" campaign works like a charm then?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts