Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I've eaten my R1
1,233 Posts
What's with this guy? He tests like a mofo... Last year, he was going to beat everyone based on his pre-season performance. He's starting the same way this year.

Either he needs to hire a shrink so he can relax on race day, or he needs to figure out how to do that whole "go fast on Sunday" thing.

He let me down last year. He's going to have to at least get a win this year.

·
I ride the faster blue one !!!
380 Posts
I think he did great this year in moto gp. I love seeing somebody that was riding on inferior equipment for so long finally get something they can work with. Hopefully he will finish in the top 3 next year.

·
I've eaten my R1
1,233 Posts
He did good, that's for sure. I just don't think he reached the bar he set during the pre-season testing.

And while he did good, I think he left quite a bit on the table. He should have won a couple of races, and could have podiumed quite a few more. He had the "tire advantage" this year for sure...

·
792.6 miles from the Gap
1,189 Posts
He may have had a tire advantage, but he was certainly at a bike disadvantage to a certain Italian company.

·
Have bikes, will travel
340 Posts
Kawi has been slowing improving their scene. They might be right in the hunt next year but I'm sure the other manufacturers are burning some midnight oil. I suspect the Yamaha will be a lot better in '08. Michelin should pull finger and get some better rubber by then too.

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Its a tuff call. I think Kawasaki made a good call this year by not building a new bike and continuing to develop the 07 model. I hope to see some good results out of Hopper this year.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Hope he does well next year. I would love to see a three way battle with him,Stoner and Rossi.

·
Have bikes, will travel
340 Posts
Most Americans, lacking the MotoGP 250 class experience, have had a long runway in MotoGP. It's pretty clear that the best ramp to the open class is through 250's. That's not an absolute but look at how many GP's Nicky has won in his entire career: three. Two of which were at Laguna.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.