Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Enlightenment & Superbikes
156 Posts
Wow! You just made my afternoon. I posted the circuit records in another thread previously. Those times were from the old GP layout, they did an extension on the track around 2 years ago. 1.59.63 is pretty freakin quick. The rider hits the 299km limiter down the straight. The max I remember getting on my 600RR down the straight is around the 235km mark. Very cool.

· Johannesburg, South-Africa
913 Posts
Don't like the layout of that track, it has a couple of nice corners.
Worst place to test that bike imo... you can clearly see the bike is nimble but lacks low down grunt... I think this bike would need some gearing changes to be good at that track.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Makes me wonder who you are :lol That video is unlisted.... So, you saw the link somewhere or know someone... Either way, thank you for sharing it with us! I can't wait to throw my leg over one!

· Banned
312 Posts
Don't like the layout of that track, it has a couple of nice corners.
Worst place to test that bike imo... you can clearly see the bike is nimble but lacks low down grunt... I think this bike would need some gearing changes to be good at that track.
I think it will be fine low end wise. You may need to slip clutch in first in super super tight turns but I doubt it. The previous gen r1 wasn't exactly a beast down low so those who think this bike will crawl out of corners need not worry. It won't be an 08 cbr 1000 but that's good as the bike had tons of bottom end but I eat them alive with my 10r once I hit about 7k .so this r1 will too. I think for the street it will be nice to be able to hang in lower revs to escape power, if this thing is like the 10r or bmw it's gonna be a rocketship. It finally sounds like a next gen bike now too, once she gets to 11k man it sounds nice.

At what times in video are clearly showing lack of bottom end? I didn't really notice.. I just pray the U.S. spec bike isn't completely neutered like my 10r was. I'd guess folks are working on a flash if it's really limited.. I really hope they didn't pull timing up top, and close up the exhaust servo.. It starts the restriction at 11k rpm or so. We won't know if it's restricted at launch because it's overseas and their bikes don't get neutered like us bike.. Lucky them.. Back when they were launching the gen 4 10r in Atlanta someone felt the bike nosing over at the top end, they said it accelerated like nothin then just nosed right over. Well somebody snuck a 10r to a local dyno and the cat was out the bag.. The U.S. spec bike was restricted and down 18 to 20 hp on euro version.. The h2 has similar restriction. Only the damn bmw seems to escape this bs. But i really want to get the 15 bmw or r1.just not crazy about ripping my new bike apart to find ecu and Mail it out for hubdreds of dollars just to void my warranty. It just irratates me that we all spend so much and we are not getting what we're paying for. And I hate risking a scratch to make my bike the way it should be. Fingers crossed that akropovic dyno was accurate as at least the hp looked pretty good but I also have feeling it was a euro bike so it wouldn't be restricted in first place.. Probly use my 10r on track. But may also sell. Not crazy about having different bikes for street and track. Hard when the new one has qs and abs and My 10r doesn't..

· Premium Member
95 Posts
I think it will be fine low end wise. You may need to slip clutch in first in super super tight turns but I doubt it. The previous gen r1 wasn't exactly a beast down low so those who think this bike will crawl out of corners need not worry. It won't be an 08 cbr 1000 but that's good as the bike had tons of bottom end but I eat them alive with my 10r once I hit about 7k .so this r1 will too. I think for the street it will be nice to be able to hang in lower revs to escape power, if this thing is like the 10r or bmw it's gonna be a rocketship. It finally sounds like a next gen bike now too, once she gets to 11k man it sounds nice.

At what times in video are clearly showing lack of bottom end? I didn't really notice.. I just pray the U.S. spec bike isn't completely neutered like my 10r was. I'd guess folks are working on a flash if it's really limited.. I really hope they didn't pull timing up top, and close up the exhaust servo.. It starts the restriction at 11k rpm or so. We won't know if it's restricted at launch because it's overseas and their bikes don't get neutered like us bike.. Lucky them.. Back when they were launching the gen 4 10r in Atlanta someone felt the bike nosing over at the top end, they said it accelerated like nothin then just nosed right over. Well somebody snuck a 10r to a local dyno and the cat was out the bag.. The U.S. spec bike was restricted and down 18 to 20 hp on euro version.. The h2 has similar restriction. Only the damn bmw seems to escape this bs. But i really want to get the 15 bmw or r1.just not crazy about ripping my new bike apart to find ecu and Mail it out for hubdreds of dollars just to void my warranty. It just irratates me that we all spend so much and we are not getting what we're paying for. And I hate risking a scratch to make my bike the way it should be. Fingers crossed that akropovic dyno was accurate as at least the hp looked pretty good but I also have feeling it was a euro bike so it wouldn't be restricted in first place.. Probly use my 10r on track. But may also sell. Not crazy about having different bikes for street and track. Hard when the new one has qs and abs and My 10r doesn't..
It's no big deal to flash the ECU for your 10R. I did it right after I got the bike. Just prop up your fuel tank, the ECU is in the airbox. I sent mine to ZXArcher for the flash, not only to you get more power... he unlocks some other features like changing traction control settings on the fly. I can't remember how much I paid, was it wasn't very expensive and I got my ECU back in 2 days.

I'd be surprised if the new R1 doesn't need a flash to get the same amount of power as the euro spec bikes. No big deal to me though.

· Premium Member
5,852 Posts
"Take a ride on board with our Yamaha test rider, clocking 1.59.63 around Sydney Motorsport Park while running in the all new YZF-R1 for the World press launch 19-27 Feb 2015."

Damn 9 days for a press launch???

· Banned
312 Posts
It's no big deal to flash the ECU for your 10R. I did it right after I got the bike. Just prop up your fuel tank, the ECU is in the airbox. I sent mine to ZXArcher for the flash, not only to you get more power... he unlocks some other features like changing traction control settings on the fly. I can't remember how much I paid, was it wasn't very expensive and I got my ECU back in 2 days.

I'd be surprised if the new R1 doesn't need a flash to get the same amount of power as the euro spec bikes. No big deal to me though.
Very true, it's not that's its a big deal but it's a risk to scratch your shit, Anthony is who I plan on flashing mine if I keep it. Guhls has some extra goodies that Woolich can't do but for 75 or 100 for archer or 375 for guhl. It just irrates me that we need to alter our new bikes. So long as they don't scratch shit into ecu or put stickers on it dealer shouldn't know. I like Japanese bikes but the bmw requires nothing out the box.. Oh well I still wanna check out r1 either way. I like it. Just wish it had a blipper

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
Damn 9 days for a press launch???
They invited little bit more than hundred motorcycle journalist from all over the world. All of them will go through one day with lectures, one day riding the base model and one day riding the M model.

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
@ 0:52 seconds, 3rd gear wheelie from 170 KPH to 200 KPH , anyone catch that..:yea:

· Registered
1,365 Posts
@ 0:52 seconds, 3rd gear wheelie from 170 KPH to 200 KPH , anyone catch that..:yea:
Like anyone from Sydney this is my local track and it does have some elevation changes that are not so obvious on the video. There is a bit of a crest at that point and I've frequently seen faster riders lift the front there but usually not for so far. Like you said, :yea:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.