Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What would you like to see the new SQN name be?

• R1-190 Redbelly SQN

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • R1-190 Southern Flyers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R1-190 Southern Flyers SQN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R1-190 Bushrangers SQN

• R1-190 Bushrangers

• R1-190 Thunder of Down Under SQN

• R1-190 Thunder of Down Under

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
arrivederci
8,665 Posts
not many coberas in aus
read a couple write-ups on your country and discovered it's crawling with poisonous snakes. the copperhead was the toughest-sounding one on the list.
unless you think "adder" or "taipan" sounds better. :lol

·
08 R1, 2010 ZX6R Track bike
1,292 Posts
read a couple write-ups on your country and discovered it's crawling with poisonous snakes
You have no idea; Australia is home to the most deadly Spider in the world called the Sydney funner Web.
We have 13 out of the top 20 most deadly snakes in the world with the most deadliest called the In-land Tipan or fear snake.
We have the largest Reptile in the world in the Saltwater Crocodiles (has a taste for German Tourists).
The deadliest Jelly Fish in the Box Jelly Fish, which can kill you within 20mins.
The deadliest Octopus in the Blue ring Octopus, which can kill you in 30mins.

And the worst of all the animals found in Australia are what we call drop bears. They're like Kola Bears with a bad attitude....Very dangerous.

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We have 1 vote across the board for a possible name change. I've been looking at TAIPAN for a few days and I think that's pretty good.

So what do you think R1-190 TAIPAN SQN?
or

R1-190 Drop Bear SQN?

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
I am very sorry for not replying to the CO on this. I have submitted the information you forwarded to me. We are getting close to the East Coast Convention, so I'm a little overwhelmed. But I do catch what you say.

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am very sorry for not replying to the CO on this. I have submitted the information you forwarded to me. We are getting close to the East Coast Convention, so I'm a little overwhelmed. But I do catch what you say.

DanQ,

I, we, would like to change the SQN name to R1-190 Taipan.

Lads,

Stop taking the piss or we'll end up the R1-190 Dropbears.

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So that everyone knows what was said

Petrol Spice said:
DanQ

As part of the brand refresh for the R1-190 I would like to have the name changed from R1-190 Tyre Fryers Squadron to R1-190 Taipan Squadron.

I have recieved 4 votes to the positive and have also voted in the affirmative. I have to date had no votes for other names, other than those nominated in my housekeeping thread.

As C/O of the R1-190 I will always keep the voting lines open, but would like to make the change and deal with responses later.

If you could please change the title of our SQN I will post the relevant thread.

Thanks in advance.

Steve "Petrol Spice"

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.