Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here. I have a 2015 R1 and love the model, I love motorcycles in general BUT since I changed my daily driver to a Tesla, I can no longer pour gas in my motorcycles with a clear consciousness. I need to convert my R1 or I need to sell. So please help me, what is the update on E85/ethanol conversions 2021? Any new aftermarket kits available? New findings?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not trying to be that hard ass who doesn't love the planet but I agree with the first response. Get an electric bike if you are concerned about the carbon footprint.

If your an enthusiast for R1 or for motorcycles like these, your really not going to see much out there to convert away from gas. Mind you a vehicle this small that consumes as little fuel as it does already (I know they're pigs for motorcycles) maybe you can clear your conscious riding less.

If your looking for a cool project research cars with the canola mods and engines that run on cooking oils for fuels. You will stumble into new engines that run on hydrogen and old mods that run propane in cars and trucks but a motorcycle does not have the space to keep the fuel in a cold location and your litterely riding on a bomb.

If you start a custom build ill follow that thread to the end. It would be awesome. But from the ideology behind your electric car I assume you are more likely to sell your r1 then anything..

·
11,863 Posts
My first post here. I have a 2015 R1 and love the model, I love motorcycles in general BUT since I changed my daily driver to a Tesla, I can no longer pour gas in my motorcycles with a clear consciousness. I need to convert my R1 or I need to sell. So please help me, what is the update on E85/ethanol conversions 2021? Any new aftermarket kits available? New findings?

Ethanol is worse for the envirnment than straight gasoline. If you're seriously that "woke" sell it and good luck on your gender reassignment.:LOL:

·
Nevermore
1,207 Posts
Clearly you haven't seen what nikel mine look like.

Reactions: Zach58

·
Registered
373 Posts
It’s all about the lithium. White gold.
Think, Imperial Valley

·
Silver Bullet...
460 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I’m genuinely sorry that there aren’t any constructive answers to your question. While I personally think the environmental impact of a motorcycle is negligible, I understand you feel the way you do. Like another user said, if you do decide to start the project, I’d love to see what you do.
That being said, Im a little disappointed to see a moderator saying you need to change genders to want to be environmentally friendly. It’s 2021 (edited since apparently being a year off makes me whacked out on drugs… lol), I think we are a little past that. Girls ride liter bikes, men ride electric bikes. Who cares. We are here because we are passionate about 2 wheels.

Reactions: iamzombie

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I’m genuinely sorry that there aren’t any constructive answers to your question. While I personally think the environmental impact of a motorcycle is negligible, I understand you feel the way you do. Like another user said, if you do decide to start the project, I’d love to see what you do.
That being said, Im a little disappointed to see a moderator saying you need to change genders to want to be environmentally friendly. It’s 2020, I think we are a little past that. Girls ride liter bikes, men ride electric bikes. Who cares. We are here because we are passionate about 2 wheels.
And real people who aren’t whacked out on drugs know it is 2021

·
Registered
68 Posts
That being said, Im a little disappointed to see a moderator saying you need to change genders to want to be environmentally friendly. It’s 2020, I think we are a little past that. Girls ride liter bikes, men ride electric bikes. Who cares. We are here because we are passionate about 2 wheels.
I have no words.

·
Venom X/O
25,094 Posts
Eh... you’re talking like this is feasible. We’ve already seen on this forum a bike that was switched to all electric and it worked, not well and wildly expensive. It doesn’t make sense, especially since e-bikes have the same effect as motorcycles on the environment when you take the production process into the equation. Where are all those batteries going when those Tesla’s are tossed out?
This is virtue signaling. This thread is stupid, and warrants the response. Moderator or not.

·
Silver Bullet...
460 Posts
Eh... you’re talking like this is feasible. We’ve already seen on this forum a bike that was switched to all electric and it worked, not well and wildly expensive. It doesn’t make sense, especially since e-bikes have the same effect as motorcycles on the environment when you take the production process into the equation. Where are all those batteries going when those Tesla’s are tossed out?
This is virtue signaling. This thread is stupid, and warrants the response. Moderator or not.
Listen, at least your comment addresses the feasibility of doing a conversion, and whether the benefits are tangible.
It may well be virtue signaling, or he may genuinely think that it’s beneficial to the environment. Either way, he asked a question and didn’t deserve to be berated or to be told to turn in his manhood.
I like my bike because it has a mechanical throttle, not fly-by-wire or traction control, but I wouldn’t call someone out because they have those systems on their bike. To each their own.

Reactions: iamzombie
1 - 20 of 34 Posts