Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,585 Posts
are you talking about the back of the headlight assembly ?

pretty sure its one piece that bolts up to the front fairing, you may need to remove it.

i have my off at the moment if you dont figure it out let me know ill take a look after work tomorrow if its something that you need to get complex with

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you talking about the back of the headlight assembly ?

pretty sure its one piece that bolts up to the front fairing, you may need to remove it.

i have my off at the moment if you dont figure it out let me know ill take a look after work tomorrow if its something that you need to get complex with
its the dust cover that you would take off to replace the bulbs. i was thinking about doing hids, and i think i gotta drill a hole in the cover. but the wires actually run through the covers. so i need to figure out how to get it off so i can get the cover on my work bench. i attached a pic to show what i'm talking about.

Attachments

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
spins right off, 1/4 turn to the left... there is a headlight wiring harness recall out for our bikes, i see you already have the updated version, i need to get the recall done :thumbup

dont drill a hole through it, i dont think you need to with the new covers as you've already got a way to get the wiring inside, there were pics posted a while back :yesnod

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spins right off, 1/4 turn to the left... there is a headlight wiring harness recall out for our bikes, i see you already have the updated version, i need to get the recall done :thumbup

dont drill a hole through it, i dont think you need to with the new covers as you've already got a way to get the wiring inside, there were pics posted a while back :yesnod
yeah, i didnt even know about the recall till i brought my bike in for the 600 mile service. i found the post you were talking about. but i would still need to get it off my bike in order to do this mod. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416049&highlight=recall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.