Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought some of these and now my blinkers blink like crazy. Does anyone know how to fix this? I heard I need some kind of blinker relay or something of that sort.

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there a way to set the speed of the flash on the flasher relay or does it just do it by it self? Also what does the flasher relay look like. So when I look under my seat I know what I am looking for.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
R1_abuser, I pulled this out of the apperance section, which you may have already looked at. Twisted Logic posted this. I just remember you guys talking about how fast these things blink and thought to go and take a look back in there.
"my blinkers weree blinking so fast you could not even tell they were blinking. I have an intergrator kit and 1157 LED tail light bulbs,once I put the plate lights on they blink normal now. Try it and see if they blink fast get an electronic flasher relay Tridon EL12 to be exact(any auto parts should have it"

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
The flasher relay has a little bi-metal strip inside that when current flows through it, it gets hot and bends away from a contact, breaking the circuit. As it cools it bends back and touches the contact, turning on the flasher. Most after-market flashers don't have the resistance(read cheaper) of stock lights, so higher current flow, and the faster the cycle. You could put a resistor in line with the new signals, if you are(or know someone) electrically inclined, and keep the stock relay.:eek:

PS You could pick the speed of flashing by the value of the inline resistor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts