Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Track days here I come
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I ordered some flushmounts from an on-line accessory store who shall remain nameless.....

How do these places get their parts? I ordered the flushmounts about 10 days ago and I have yet to get anything but a tracking number to track it using usps.com and here is what I receive:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 10, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

Do all these online stores operate the same way? Basically not having the parts in-stock, then having someone else ship it or whatever? I dunno, I guess I'm just at a loss here.....What am I missing?

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
I believe the USPS number only tells you when it was shipped and when it was recieved. don't think they give detailed info like UPS and FEDEX. As far as keeping stuff in stock, every company is different.

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
Hey all,

I ordered some flushmounts from an on-line accessory store who shall remain nameless.....

How do these places get their parts? I ordered the flushmounts about 10 days ago and I have yet to get anything but a tracking number to track it using usps.com and here is what I receive:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 10, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

Do all these online stores operate the same way? Basically not having the parts in-stock, then having someone else ship it or whatever? I dunno, I guess I'm just at a loss here.....What am I missing?

We ship LOTS of packages with the USPS. I have seen many show the same info. Most likely you have been give a Delivery Confirmation Number which is worthless until the package has been delivered.

Unless your shipment is late, If the items were shipped Priority Mail, look for them this week.

·
Track days here I come
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys...I guess I just assumed ordering bike parts would be like ordering computer parts...You order, they ship it out and you recieve it in like 4-5 days

·
Administrator
25,184 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys...I guess I just assumed ordering bike parts would be like ordering computer parts...You order, they ship it out and you recieve it in like 4-5 days
Thats normally the way it is done. Sounds like you picked a bad company to order from.

For your next order... try www.tobefast.com , www.motomummy.com or www.mrcycles.com . All of these companies have excellent customer service and won't leave ya hangin like most of the others out there.

kneedraggers and 58cycles are two that I would stay away from. Always hearing bad stuff about them.

·
Say cheese!
249 Posts
Hey all,

Yup, if they don't have it it will take forever to get to you. I ordered flushmounts and grips from ridegear.com. It was a mess! Took 3 weeks to get the flushmounts to realize it was the wrong filament type. It was such a pain in the rear trying to get it straightened out that I just kept them. Finally, after getting a refund for my grips and thinking I'd never get them they were re-credited from my account and I finally got them almost 2 months later. Luckily I didn't order any grips from anyone else during that period.

·
Track days here I come
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats normally the way it is done. Sounds like you picked a bad company to order from.

For your next order... try www.tobefast.com , www.motomummy.com or www.mrcycles.com . All of these companies have excellent customer service and won't leave ya hangin like most of the others out there.

kneedraggers and 58cycles are two that I would stay away from. Always hearing bad stuff about them.
Thanks for the reply kevap...but FYI it actually was one of those companies you listed... :S

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
Thanks for the reply kevap...but FYI it actually was one of those companies you listed... :S

if it was, pm him and he can direct to you who to go. people from those companies are on here daily, so you could probably get that cleared up quickly

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.