Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a question... if ya'll dont mind me asking this that is; how do you guys pay for your bike and all the stuff to go with it, eg. suit, insurance, tuning etc. I noticed some of you have more than one bike and some even have very sweet cars along side their bikes... How can ya'll afford it? Does everyone here have such well payed jobs or what? Or do you live in a cardboard box to pay for all of it? Im just curious since I'll b going solo shortly and i want to realise my dream and own an R1, but im worried about the finances... How do you all do it?????

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
non-ricer said:
i know of a certain individual here who sells his ass hair on ebay.... maybe thats the way to go mang...
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol MAN that would have been priceless if he had post a pic. to E-Bay!!!!

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he that hairy he can make a living of that then??? But how do u guys finance your bikes??

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
I work my ass off!!!!!!! 50 to 60 hours a week...

Just payed my house off too.. That was my real goal... It was hard, don't get me wrong!!

(degree in civil engineering, work as a party chief land surveyor for many commercial clients) BP Amoco oil corp. , Home depot, Bank of america, etc. I spend allot of time on the road. Anywhere from Boston to South Carolina for weeks at a time. I did a mall in PA and was there for a month living out of a hotel.. BUT its been worth it...:thumbup

·
Canadian Drinking Team
1,771 Posts
Living at home still.... until the end of the month :( Anyone wanna buy a truck?? Oh ya, it's called debt :fact ... I'd rather be in dept and have the things I want than be saving up forever to pay cash... my thoughts anyway. :crash

·
I speed therefore I am.
566 Posts
Work hard, save money. The R1 is my 'hobby' and a form of entertainment. I'd rather spend on it than a huge TV or other material things.

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
Get what you want(R1) and worry about how you will pay for it later. Something else has to give way.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Saved a little and paid cash.

·
It's possible to push so I win
183 Posts
roman_van_alten said:
Hey guys, just a question... if ya'll dont mind me asking this that is; how do you guys pay for your bike and all the stuff to go with it, eg. suit, insurance, tuning etc. I noticed some of you have more than one bike and some even have very sweet cars along side their bikes... How can ya'll afford it? Does everyone here have such well payed jobs or what? Or do you live in a cardboard box to pay for all of it? Im just curious since I'll b going solo shortly and i want to realise my dream and own an R1, but im worried about the finances... How do you all do it?????
Six paper routes.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Hey, it's a 2 car cardboard box but its mine:lol :lol :lol

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
You gotta bust your ass being somewhere other than where you'd really like to be and then , count your money and pay bills mang. I wish I could get the nards to pay off my house. I'm 189k in the hole. But I suppose a few years on Ramen noodles and tuna could bring it on in though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts