Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a hard time not speeding when im on mine. and it has gotten me into trouble before. any advice? i dont want to sell the bike. but, if i cant drive it maturely i need to. i dont want a ticket or to go to jail...

· Registered
1,877 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i listed it on a few sites. who knows if itll sell. i dont really care either way. another reason is i saw my first bike crash this past week. and i decided not to stop for car with a pretty red light on top again. i just cant handle it. i know this... i need to sell it.

· Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,319 Posts
You refused to stop for a red light so you crashed into a car?

Sounds to me like your just a damn moron plain and simple. Grow the f*ck up and stop acting like a selfish child.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You refused to stop for a red light so you crashed into a car?

Sounds to me like your just a damn moron plain and simple. Grow the f*ck up and stop acting like a selfish child.

wtf? i love the bike. i just love my life too. i dont see how selling it would be selfish. and it was state police officer. not a red light.

· Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,319 Posts
(that was some tough lovin, it works sometimes) but seriously learn how to control yourself, theres a time and place for everything. start tracking the bike, and beat on it all you want at the track

· R1 Addiction
16,761 Posts
well, i listed it on a few sites. who knows if itll sell. i dont really care either way. another reason is i saw my first bike crash this past week. and i decided not to stop for car with a pretty red light on top again. i just cant handle it. i know this... i need to sell it.

:sleepy:

· Together we R1
1,098 Posts
It's called growing up, being responsible and if that doesn't work maybe you'd get tired paying traffic tickets and mile high insurance rates. Just an observation...don't create usernames starting with loser anything...bad self talk is very destructive. I sense severe depression. Time to snap out of it. I've been there and it's no fun.

Good luck my friend.

btw...I pay $192.00 a year for full coverage on my CRB1000.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's called growing up, being responsible and if that doesn't work maybe you'd get tired paying traffic tickets and mile high insurance rates. Just an observation...don't create usernames starting with loser anything...bad self talk is very destructive. I sense severe depression. Time to snap out of it. I've been there and it's no fun.

Good luck my friend.

btw...I pay $192.00 a year for full coverage on my CRB1000.

no depression at all. i just cant think of a better username... this was my email address when i was 14. so, i stuck with it. and i havent got a ticket on any of my bikes yet... ive put about 10,000 miles on them with only warnings.

· Throw Some D's On It
8,782 Posts
:no:no

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
Just back off on the riding. Stick to the back roads with less traffic if you want to open it up. Obey the speed limits and don't stunt in high traffic areas. Try a few track days in your area. It will teach you so much about your bike and your riding skills you may not want to ride the street again.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So are you afraid to ride because of fear or stupidity?

im not afraid to ride, but i guess i could say that i fear my stupidity. i have a hard time respecting the bike... and then respecting the laws on the roads. im not sure if everyone with a bike goes through this. i dont know how anyone can have a sports bike and ride it on the road and not beat on it. im worried that the choices i make today on it could effect me in the future. im going to school to be a cop. and with this bike and my r6 i have outran the cops three times. and a couple other times i got away before they could get their lights on. if i get caught there goes all the money ive put into my education to this point. every time i get on the bike i tell myself i wont run it like i stole it, but i do. and yeah. the insurance comes off of it tomorrow. and ill decide over the winter what to do with it.

· burnin' up the streets
8,817 Posts
same problem here!

although I've never run from the cops it's tempting causer I know I could get away so easy.

I have a very hard time keeping both wheels on the ground at the same time.
& the speed limit is only a loose suggestion.

on the down side I just got done paying a lawyer 1950.00 & the court 354.00 for going 137 mph on the freeway.
worst part is the cop told me that if I hadn't slowed down he wouldn't even have gone after me.

· Convention main man
14,187 Posts
Go do a few trackdays. You will get your speed fix there then you will calm down on the street and just enjoy cruising around. As long as you know you have that out of the track to get your speed fix you will most likely relax on the street.

gool luck and be safe

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.