Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
i need my bike before i snap
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought new leathers and the armpits feel a little tight so i was wondering if there is a way to stretch them

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
wear em is the best way.
Otherwise they may stretch in the wqrong places and dimensions.
Just suck it up and wear them around the house all day!!:p

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
A serious reply for a change: Check out a good shoe store. They should have stuff that is designed exactly for this (making new shoes soft and adopt to your feet ;) ) Works nicely for our leathers as well.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,252 Posts
i have to agree..... put mink oil or something comparative on them and wear around the house.... my last new pair i got.... i wore them around my house for 3 days before going to the track in them... i know it sounds a little gay.

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am going to put flat soccerballs in the pits and then blow them up and leave it like this for a couple of weeks hopefully it should help.. if i am a retard now's the time to say so

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
chR1is said:
that guy opened up a can o worms ( funny ones though) with that question
No, only on the first page, that's why I've said "few posts". But after from Page 2, people starts giving good advices...

;)

·
Live Free Or Die!
57 Posts
I just put mine on and zip it up and go pig down at an all you can eat place! Or else you can sleep in it for a couple nights. I asked my bigger brother to wear A jacket for a while, but he said no! So I had the fat neighbor girl wear it for a day! Or you can just put it on and go riding!

·
powderwhore
1,135 Posts
G

·
use a hair dryer. just wear them arround blasting the tight spots with heat. worked for me and mine were too damn tight

·
WHERE'D WHO GO?
1,273 Posts
chelsea leather food. Most people use it on soccer boots (shoes). Works great. Just like I said in the last thread.

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
I'm inclined to believe that the best thing to do is buy a set that fits you in the first place. Have your measurements taken and have a suit made to fit you.

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
i agree with buying a set that fits to begin with, preferably a custom set.

the only thing you should worry about is the fit while you're on the bike in riding position.
if you want to break them in, get on your bike and log some miles.:iamwithst

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they fit good when i bought them but since have been to the gym and have gained about 10lbs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts