Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does he do it

He goes from being 3 seconds ahead, then gets nailed for overtaking during a waving yellow flag and loosing 10 seconds... to winning the race :confused:

Rossi is the MAN:fact

Not bad for little Nicky... getting his second podium this year :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
One Word...Supernatural...he's incredible , I love watching him race when i'm watching him go you can't help but get chills over how well he manages that machine!! He rocks:rock:bow

·
Here kitty kitty
607 Posts
Unbelievable, he gets a 10 second penalty and still wins

Nicky rode awesome, should be rookie of the year in my opinion he has come on strong :thumbup

·
2,162 Posts
yeah he is without the doubt the best racer out there in the field.... melandri kicked ass before he highsided.... he was riding the piss out of the m1 before that happenned.... and congrats to nicky on the podium finish.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doh! excuse my dumb ass for not putting "spoiler" on the title...
May the racing gods have mercy on me

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Shadow One said:
Doh! excuse my dumb ass for not putting "spoiler" on the title...
May the racing gods have mercy on me
Your excused dumb ass. :lol Yeah, Rossi is just incredible. The
man knows how to ride that Honda. He's so in tune with it. I
think it's great to see Nicky take third. After that wind turn he
went back to 5 or 6th then came back to 4th and made that pass
on the last lap to take 3rd. Watch out for Nicky next year.

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,992 Posts
No, what's incredible is that Rossi was on pace for just another win until.....

"Troy Bayliss ... crashed out on lap 4 after touching one of the treacherously wet and slippery white lines on the outside of the asphalt at the Honda hairpin. The Ducati rider went down heavily and was knocked unconscious, being declared OK before being taken to hospital for further checks.
The following circulation Rossi passed Melandri at the same corner clearly not seeing the yellow flags and was promptly informed of a ten second penalty several laps later when he was leading by three seconds from Loris Capirossi who had also escaped the clutches of the pursuing group. Melandri then fell at high speed entering the last turn on the circuit. Nicky Hayden had been looking threatening and had made his way to third before running slightly wide at the Honda curve, which dropped him behind Melandri, Tohru Ukawa, Sete Gibernau and Carlos Checa. Nine laps after Melandri’s untimely exit Checa ran off the circuit but was able to rejoin the fray some way behind and take 8th by the chequered flag.

Rossi, upon digesting the knowledge from his pit board that he had to beat Capirossi by ten seconds, put his head down and produced a frantic pace in the second half of the GP to eventually extend a winning margin of 15.2 seconds. Capirossi was smoking his rear tyre onto the main straight trying to catch-up but stood little chance against his fellow Italian, who went on to celebrate by brandishing a number seven lap in memory of the late Barry Sheene."

dayum....

·
69!
902 Posts
rossi is certanly the man. reminds me of watching roberts senior. just toying with the field. its been great to watch niky get closer and closer to the front too. is today the first time he has led? maybe they didnt stick but i think he got around rossi once or twice too. hope bayless is ok.

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
in most cases if you are 5 seconds down you can give it up....... He is definitely in a league of his own..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts