Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike up to 170mph, at least that's what the readout says. Realize I'm probably only going about 160 something. Can't find a good spot to get it above that. Considering I'm not the smallest and lighest guy around I figure that's probably about all I'll get out of it.

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
I've had mine up to 130mph so far. I'm working My way up slowly. I've had 2 accidents in My life both were pretty nasty, so I'm a little gunshy :)

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
I rarely go above 100.

After 125 its all the same anyways.

The roads that I prefer to ride don't have straightaways!

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
182 on the speedo...and I've got it on video...I'll sort it out and upload it..PS..look out for the burning GSXR on the edge of the track...they left it there ALL day..the tyre wall caught fire in the end.

I've now had it up to 185 and there was more to come...no video of this though.

·
Road Warrior
720 Posts
I've had mine up to 287kph(approx 173mph) on the speedo. I had a cop radar me to find the speedo error and it was 6-7%. That makes it 270kph(approx 163mph) actual speed. At the time I had a loose jacket; I started to level off around 280 and I could feel the jacket flappin'. I stretched out my back/shoulders to tighten the jacket, and it leveled off at 287 before I ran out of road. Aerodynamics is god at top end; I would like to try it with tight leathers to see if it would reach the advertised 169mph. (stock exhaust, no mods, by the way);)

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
throttle-cntrl said:
155 chasing my buddies down the highway... I am so so nervous about getting a ticket or whatever if I get busted at that speed.

Pretty close to the same story, but after I saw 150 i was too skeert to look down cause we were coming up on some cars...I had a bad feeling that we were bout to get in trouble so I let off and coasted down to 75.. guess what I passed? A state trooper.. lucky, damn lucky!:cool:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That was close! I often wondered if I passed a cop at high speeds if I would keep going if I saw him pull out and attempt to "exit the scene". Probably would if I knew the area. I'm sure they would suspend my license. I mean going 170mph is 105 over the posted speed limit on a highway.:eek:

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
!Canuck!

I have the exact same top record as you - 287Kph. But I think I can add a few more K´s to that number. Haven´t tried too hard to pass the magic 300 yet, but wouldn´t it be sweat to see thoose numbers on the display??

·
who needs brakes
23 Posts
The track where I race has a 3000 feet straight. You can come out of the turn leading up to it in 4th gear at 3/4 throttle with a lot of slide but you can get some big top speeds. I have 169mhp before getting on the brake real hard. Trust in your brake is kind something you have to have.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.