Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2576 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how fast you guys have gone on your R1. My buddy was telling me that he's been 189 on his 03 stock! :confused: I've got a full Akra. sys. and I was in 6th at 10,000 rpms going 157. I thought, "there is now way this will do 189+." However I was wearing a backpack and had a tankbag. He tole me that's why I was going so "slow." Do you guys agree? :dunno

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
P.S. I coudn't begin to tell you how fast I've gone because when at that rate of speed, I don't bother to look down.......(too busy screaming :rock)

·
my 1 and only 1
145 Posts
:iamwithst

I agree, I got mine up to 165 when I became to scared to look back down. I was doing that humming like Stalone does in Driven. I was in the zone man. I was in the zone:scared

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word. I hear ya fellas. I just don't believe 189. It's not that 157 wasn't fast enough. It's just that I could hit 155 on my R6 and figured the R1 would do way more.
I hope I'm not encouraging anyone to go out and try to hit 190 tonight. I don't think you wanna hit the rev limiter in 6th. Scary! :scared :cryin :scared

·
Wanta c if I got the minerals?
1,226 Posts
clocked by chopper in pursuit and it claims they had me doing 287km/h which I don't think was very accurate but when I was running I really didn't have time to stare at the tack to long or else my ass would have been grass.

Heres a pic from highschool track meet:p

Attachments

·
Wanta c if I got the minerals?
1,226 Posts
I think the unwritten rule though with the speedo is that you have to minus around 10-15km from what it says cause of your weight and wind resistence and stuff like that.

I think martinC explained it once but I can't remember.
I will search and see what I can find.

Anyone have faster track times in the hundred meter dash:sneaky

·
Do I really need a title
1,107 Posts
On the dyno my speedometer read 186 but the dyno registered the speed at 174.

On the street I've seen 173 on the speedometer.

·
Every Day is a New One!
362 Posts
Don't forget about altitude, at 1,100 ft I have seen 183 on the speedo, but the highest published 'true' speed for an 02 was 167. Just so you know the speedo can be off 2-3 mph for every 60 mph but most off the time the speedo reads high.

·
2 beers for breakfast...
141 Posts
I seen 155, which is what? Like 140. I really need a new windscreen other than this sportech, cause i looked like i was pushing my face up against a window. Nose all mashed up and chit, but i am havin' fun. Definately go faster when i can get a good tuck with a new screen...

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
I got 133ish but need a damper before i go any faster.

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
fast_guy99 said:
I got 133ish but need a damper before i go any faster.
If you need a dampner for top speed runs you have chassis set problems(not enough rear preload, makes the front lite).
I haven't got my '02 over 140,on the street things have a habit of jumping in your way(happened to me a few times) and at that kind of speed there's a good chance of hitting it before you can react to it, plus I got an R1 for the twisties( that's where it rocks the best):rock :fork

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MegatronR1! Madison rules bro!

1 - 20 of 2576 Posts