Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
WTF!
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride 345-355 days a year, if the snow hits harder I might ride a week less, seems the plow trucks don't come out to country roads that much. :cryin I live in Bloomington, Indiana. Here is the cold month's temp situation I have to ride in:
Oct: 60-20F
Nov: 50-20F
Dec: 40-10F
Jan: 25-0F
Feb: 30-0F (Temps to break in new 2004 R1:riding )
March:50-20

·
Protected By GLOCK
759 Posts
the riding season in WI can be from about 4 days to 9 months, damn this jacked up midwest weather

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
All year weather here.

·
Not fast! Just smooth!!
597 Posts
Any day of the year I can.

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
214, add a few everynow and then during those few warm days u get everyonce in a while during nov-feb.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
I try to ride at least 2 to 4 times per week an that's including
riding to work a time or two. I ride all year long. No real winter
here.

·
Lock & Load
1,430 Posts
Bluepelican31 said:
I ride 345-355 days a year, if the snow hits harder I might ride a week less, seems the plow trucks don't come out to country roads that much. :cryin I live in Bloomington, Indiana. Here is the cold month's temp situation I have to ride in:
Oct: 60-20F
Nov: 50-20F
Dec: 40-10F
Jan: 25-0F
Feb: 30-0F (Temps to break in new 2004 R1:riding )
March:50-20
You get 5-10 degrees better than we do :cryin

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
ride no evo said:
the riding season in WI can be from about 4 days to 9 months, damn this jacked up midwest weather
I hear ya man.. lucky so far this year though.. I think we still got a few weeks 'til we can put the bikes away for the winter... I've gotten a good 7 months outta this year so far..

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
Well, I bought my bike new on June 1st, and have put 6500 mile on it, and at the same time only 75 miles on my truck. Im on my back everryday, rain or shine.

·
to punish and enslave...
705 Posts
I ride all year round but not every day. Maybe about 220 days a year average. With most days being in the warm months of June, July, August, & September. But ya gotta love heading out for a ride on a cool crisp January day when it's sunny and clear out but freezing in the shade.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts