Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many networking pros are there here? Any located in lower Alabama or the panhandle of Florida?

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
"Pro"?? :lol

Networking is what I do however I wouldn't call myself a pro yet. When I get my CCIE then I'll call myself a pro! :lol

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
I'm working on my CCNA currently, so no not a pro, but I could answer a qustion or 2 if I got lucky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CCNA is a great stepping stone. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

What study guides are you using? Equipment? Software?

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
CCIE2BE said:
The CCNA is a great stepping stone. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

What study guides are you using? Equipment? Software?
I'm enrolled at the local college that offers CCNA classes. I'm taking the final for CCNA 3 tonight. I will be finished up with all the CCNA classes by May. They have an associates networking degree wrapped around the CCNA classes, so I'm getting that as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds great. I too used the networking concentration for my degree.
Post later and let us know how it went.

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
Right now I'm working on my CCNP. I need some motivation tho...it's tought to study after wracking your brain all day at IT stuff...just to go home and study IT stuff. Tho I do like the switching material.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not long ago I bought a 3550 w/emi and a 1900 cisco switch.
Cool stuff.
It's hard to stay motivated after a long day of troubleshooting
but to be the best in your field you have to sacrifice. Just stick in here. If you need any help on the NP stuff let me know.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
I'd like to know more on networking, however I've already got more than my share of stuff to do at work.

I'm a UNIX administrator who's supporting:

- 40 HP-UX servers

- 5 Tru64 servers (4.0b to 5.1b)

- 5 Linux servers

I support everything from internal operations to R&D to client training to Client support to whatever else is needed on *nix boxes. On top of all those boxes, I also am the backup administrator for 43 AIX and 25 Solaris servers. Most times, I wind up bringing my work home with me. Add to that, trying to get certified on HPUx and Linux and I don't have time to study for anything else. :(

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
Studying for Server 03 and CCNA...hopefully I can get that shit done mid year.....it's hard with work and all :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts