Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
If it scares you, keep it!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should recieve my speedo-healer today and install that. I did a search yesterday and saw that digital gear indicators are available for our bikes. I went to riderstation. com and saw where I could get one for 139.99, then 9.95 for shipping, plus tax. How do you guys like yours and does anyone know where to find them a little cheaper? Thanks, Fred

·
Still love Yami's the most
1,141 Posts
love it. It came stock on my gixxer. You can get the solder in type for around $100.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
I've had mine on my '03 for almost two years now. I paid $89 for it new. I had to hard wire it myself which was no big deal. Nice little toy indeed!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I heard that there is an indicator that just plugs in. If I knew where to buy one, I definitely would. I haven't done any research, it is just something that I would love to have. If anyone can tell me where to find it for cheap and/or which brands are good and bad, that would be greatly appreciated. I have an '02 if it matters.

·
Still love Yami's the most
1,141 Posts
acumen

·
If it scares you, keep it!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blindspot said:
Fred could you figure out how to solder something? If not i'm sure I could help you :)
Kyle,

you might be a electronic tech, but prior to being a Chief Warrant Officer, I was an Electrician Chief... I think I can handle the solder thing,lol. BTW, almost done with the speedo healer install.-Fred

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got a blue plug and play on my bike. Like it but it sometimes takes awhile for it to catch up to the gear changes. I got it primarily for top gear so I'd quit searching for another. $125. shipped I think.... from Brad at Superbike Supply

·
Custom user text:
153 Posts
Fred04R1 said:
Kyle,

you might be a electronic tech, but prior to being a Chief Warrant Officer, I was an Electrician Chief... I think I can handle the solder thing,lol. BTW, almost done with the speedo healer install.-Fred
An EMC? I know you can handle yourself arround a pen and paperwork but i'll bet it's been a while since you used a solder 'thing'. haha

How did the speedo healer turn out?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I ride an 85 gs550 and my bike has one! It's crazy to think that a 10k bike made in 2005 doesn't have one. I don't know how you guys can remember what gear you're in all the time. Is it just natural after awhile, or do you guys still mess up and stall out every now and then?

·
Custom user text:
153 Posts
hilbili said:
I ride an 85 gs550 and my bike has one! It's crazy to think that a 10k bike made in 2005 doesn't have one. I don't know how you guys can remember what gear you're in all the time. Is it just natural after awhile, or do you guys still mess up and stall out every now and then?
for the most part i can remember but i'll downshift in to first when i need to be in second, or try to downshift from first from time to time.

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,651 Posts
I have an '02 as well and I got an Acumen Digi gear indicator (solder type ) off e-bay for about $60 US. I love it, it's great for not trying to find 7th gear and it's also awesome for hoisting wheelies in second when you've lost track of which gear you're in!

Not too hard to install either.

·
Trespassers will be Tortured!!
658 Posts
I gave my 5 year old niece $3 to teach me how to count to 6.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
SilverbackEC said:
Anyone purchase theirs online? Which website? I dont really wanna go through the actual Acumen site.
if your getting a plug & play with a harness, you may want to go direct with Acumen in the UK, some people have had issues with RiderStation :yesnod

I got mine from them, with no problems, but have seen several other forum members received the wrong harness from them, and then had subsequent shipping issues :no

1 - 20 of 21 Posts