Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my 87 KDX that I ride the snot out of. The nice thing about off-road (dirt or enduro) bikes is you can wipe them out all the time and hardly do any damage to yourself or the bike.

Unless of course you hit a tree head on :eek:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used to ride off-road. Like many people that is how I started riding bikes. I had a Yamaha 100 Enduro as my first dirt bike. Also road Montesa (sp?) trials bike. I've been thinking about getting another one in the near future. Need to let my back properly heal from surgery before making the move to dirt again! :(

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
I ride a Fantic 307 (250cc) Trials bike and a Honda XR 600R.
They are great fun and keep you on a bike through the winter.

·
who needs brakes
23 Posts
Used to ride dirt bikes. My boys do now. But now we play in the sand on the weekend. Here is a picture of the sandrail on the winter time.:(

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badassr1 said:
Used to ride dirt bikes. My boys do now. But now we play in the sand on the weekend. Here is a picture of the sandrail on the winter time.:(
Where do you find sand in Michigan??

:D

Can't say that I have ever been in Grand Rapids but have been through Detroit a lot of times (Couple hours away from where you are - right?)

I remember being in Detroit about 15 years ago and I went to a fast food joint. They had bars between myself and the clerk!! Couldn't believe it! In Canada you don't even have bars between you and a bank teller!

BS

·
who needs brakes
23 Posts
Silver lake sand dunes. It is a state park. Only place they say east of the mississippi. Not a bad place.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
badassr1 said:
Silver lake sand dunes. It is a state park. Only place they say east of the mississippi. Not a bad place.
Looks like a fun machine. How fast does it go??

·
who needs brakes
23 Posts
It is pretty fast it's a stroked vw moter(2180) with a pro frogger NOS kit. I usally have that pegged at the max. It is adjustable 50-200 hp. Plus the motor. It runs fairly well.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts