Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see how much people have paid out-the-door for their 2015 - 2016 R1's brand new. Meaning after all the licensing, taxes and admin fees dealerships charge.

Started shopping for a new one and looking to see what people have paid. Please specify if it is an R1 or R1M.

Best price I've gotten so far is for 60th Anni $16425 and for a 2016 R1M was $21725

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is that insurance policy less than if you were to insure it for the street?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good stuff. You lucked out with the no registration or tax requirement. My dealer refused to sell me the bike without him registering the bike, even though I paid for it in full. He claimed it was some NY requirement.

8,207 Posts
Munk, if your license is from NYS, and you bought the bike in NYS, then yes you have to pay taxes right then and there. I just bought my wife a used R3 for the track from a dealer in Howard Beach, but used her NJ license for the purchase for the same reason....:D

·
The R1S Guy!
160 Posts
After taxes, setup, dealer fees and licensing I was out the door for $15,490 for my 2016 R1S in Washington, I was going to go for a 2015 Raven for the same price but I was advised not to by the service technician due to the recall and all the future problems it could entail.

The last thing I wanted to deal with was having to get the bike ripped apart, wondering how well the repair was performed or if it would entail further problems down the line.

D

·
0 Posts
2015 R1 - 16.9k from the local dealership in the country. Shoulve went to the city. North Texas area

·
Registered
344 Posts
How much did you pay for your R1 / R1M ? Within USA

14,625 before taxes. 15,978 after taxes. No fees or freight. On a R1 (not s) matte grey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
18K, cash, OTD in southwest florida. Reasons i decided to buy from local for a bit more were; No close dealer had 1 in stock but after deposit, they had it and i was riding the bike in 2 days. I dont think any of the cheaper dealers in other states could have it to me that quick. Also, if i did order from 1 of the cheaper priced establishments in another state and it arrived damaged, then what? Unfortunately i dont have the time or inclination to deal with something like that. Alot of the time, i cant even make or recieve a phone call from my office(my boat). Only a VHF radio, SSB, or Sat phone hahaha. So, i paid more (doesnt sound like much more tho, 1-2k), but i feel i got more by not having to deal with potential problems i knew i could not readily correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I need to make friends with you then haha! I'm in the market for an R1 today. Check in hand. I previously owned an R6. I'm trying to score a similar deal I had back then; having them throw in gear with the purchase. I wasn't successful yesterday at Temecula Motorsports. I think business was too good that they weren't worried about making the sale.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts