Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Left 4 Dead
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being curious, but, what does everyone else here on the forum pay for insurance.

Me personally:

'02 R1... I pay $725 a year for full coverage with a $500 deductable through Progressive. I also have an AMA discount, and multi-car discount.

:fact

·
Disturbed Riders
200 Posts
I pay 360 a year for my 03, Progressive gave me quotes that were just freeging stuipid. To me they are over priced only want those guys that can't get insurance from there local agents. Though your price is the lowest I have heard of someone getting Full Coverage on a bike from them.

Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
$23 a month full coverage. Drop progressive and go shopping. The rates vary a ton depending on where you go.

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
I pay $363.00 per year for full coverage and a 500.00 deduct. on
my '03 through State Farm. Not to bad for Florida. I've got my
homeowners and vehicle with them too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am 23 and went shopping when I bought the one last year. I was with progressive when I had my katana, but when I asked for a quote about the r1 they told me like 4500 a year! I am not exagerating. So I went to state farm and ended paying like 700 a year with full coverage. I saved like 300 a year switching my katana to state farm too before I sold it. Progressive only gives good quotes for Cruisers.

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
well when I lived in Cleveland (I moved about 30 miles from cleveland, different county.) Progressive gave me mind blowing 14k/year full coverage. I told the to go fook themself. I had to get liability only for around 300/month. Yeah I know it sucks, but I have 3 speeding tickets and sr-22 filing.

So I moved, changed counties and my insurance dropped to 317/YEAR!!!!! thats for liability only though....it would be extra 2700/year for full coverage. All this due becoming homeowner, having my own attached garage and changing counties.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Magnus said:
Just being curious, but, what does everyone else here on the forum pay for insurance.

Me personally:

'02 R1... I pay $725 a year for full coverage with a $500 deductable through Progressive. I also have an AMA discount, and multi-car discount.

:fact
There are too many things (variables) to factor in now.

Driving record
annual mileage
liability limits
full coverage vs comprehensive vs liability only
Insuring your home and vehicles as well (as a package deal)

THE CATCHER........
Are you going to only insure the cycle with them (creates quite a bit higher premium)****** This is a biggie because you can total your bike. Then with it under full coverage, have it payed off and say screw riding for a while I'm going to drop my coverage. I think this happens to Progressive alot and they said screw the sportbike riders...less headaches and hassles....IMO

BUT, and a BIG BUTT, if your cars are insured with them they have you by the balls....you cant get out and are stuck with an increase in premium.. (This is why state farm, for example, will usually only insure your bike as long as they have a policy on your car as well.

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
I'm gettin the shaft. I'm married, 26, clean record, and have my house and cars with the same company. They want $3K for full coverage. :( Time to go shopping or just get liability since I can get theft coverage from the dealer at a good rate.

·
Taming the Beast.
514 Posts
I'm 28, SR 16, full coverage and I was quoted $1012 per year.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That sounds pretty crazy for a "package type deal."

My bikes are my toys...I will not leave my Auto Company for the sake of the motorcycles...so I carry liability only....It slows me down as well..

But things can happen fast....Deer, roadkill, trash in the road all have to be taken into consideration....

Last week I was crossing over a damn and before I knew it there was a 1x6x8 piece of lumber in the road... I road over it before I could turn out of the way....I was lucky that time, but that's how fast things can happen.

Again, if you file a lousy 1000.00 claim your insurance is going to skyrocket, so you cant win for losing.......

Just give it a lot of thought though with an 04....Keep looking....

·
Taming the Beast.
514 Posts
Yeah it's not too bad. If i lived in the city it would be much, much worse.

·
7th Kyu
1,473 Posts
$371 / year with State Farm with a $200 Deductible and $150K/$300K coverage. I have both my cars, renters and my life insurance with them.

Thanks,
Ray

·
the Green Bastard
6,974 Posts
Damn! I think I might need to start looking around. I have a Progressive policy and I pay $3200 a year full coverage w/ $1000 deductable. I'm 21 and have one claim and two tickets....I think. FYI - this is on my 03 Kawi 636.

:cryin :finger :ugh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts