Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is an R1 in the States.

Over here in the UK mine cost £9,400 (pounds sterling) thats with a 2 year warranty and sh!te dunlop 218 hoops.

That would equate to about US$ 15,000.... is that what you guys pay?

Sory if you have had this question before, but the other sites I am a member of mainly have UK members.

Steve

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
I got my first 04 for US $10375 out the door. Std warranty this side of the pond is 1 year only. Also came with the 218s, but I found them to be very nice for a stock street tire. Here is what the 218s were capable of:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
US$ 10,375! well thats a great deal, Brittain is certainly a rip off!

I didnt like the 218's I found they were sliding all over the place, not good for scratching.

I have had Bridgestone BT012ss's and tey were great on road and track, but I have found Pirelli Diablo Corsas the best for me, they are so sticly, I found my knee was going down on bends I could only have drempt of before. Currently I have Michellin Pilot Powers on, The guys at Fast Bikes (who I know personally) rate them... but I'm not 100% sure, filterring down a damp M6 last night, the back end was sliding about a bit, nothing frightenning, just making the commuting a little more interesting.

Steve

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
In California, no less. The bike pictured above has since been converted to a track only bike, and is fitted with Pirelli SC Pros. Best tires I have ever used, and I have used a lot. I got my second 04 for a little more, 3 months after the one pictured above. I paid US $10,500 for the second one. Dealer would not match his first price, and I wasn't going to make an issue over $150.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.