Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying this r1 from a dealership I do business with. I buy my accessories from them and they are nice guys but their bikes are generally overpriced.

For example I was originally wanting to buy an 02 954rr(slower but better fit) they were asking $6,999 with 21k on it(what a rip)

So she says she has a 2000 r1 she can sell me for $5200(from $5500). Get this, it has 24k miles on it and has damage on both sides. I have not even seen it but I know that it is not worth that much.
I see 00s going for 5000 on ebay with half the miles.

I am going to look at it tomorrow. Assuming that it is in good condition, how much should I pay for it?

remember, it is an 00 red and black r1 with 24 k miles and damage on both sides.

thanks for the replies.

·
Administrator
24,867 Posts
Depends on the damage. But from what you've told me... I wouldn't pay a dime over $4000 for it due to the damage.

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
Depends on the damage but yeah for that price you can find a nearly mint one with half the miles. Good luck

·
Life imitates art.
27 Posts
Depending on how much you are willing to spend, I can sell you my pristine 02 R1. None of the high-mileage or maintenance issues. Absolutely perfect, garage kept. One bug on headlight (soon to be gone). Here are pics, let me know if you're interested.

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,223 Posts
Way to much money for it IMO...can find 02's in good shape for around that price.........

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Way too much. Don't buy it :no

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
JaguarsLogic said:
Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying this r1 from a dealership I do business with. I buy my accessories from them and they are nice guys but their bikes are generally overpriced.

For example I was originally wanting to buy an 02 954rr(slower but better fit) they were asking $6,999 with 21k on it(what a rip)

So she says she has a 2000 r1 she can sell me for $5200(from $5500). Get this, it has 24k miles on it and has damage on both sides. I have not even seen it but I know that it is not worth that much.
I see 00s going for 5000 on ebay with half the miles.

I am going to look at it tomorrow. Assuming that it is in good condition, how much should I pay for it?

remember, it is an 00 red and black r1 with 24 k miles and damage on both sides.

thanks for the replies.
don't walk run away from that stealer. you will find a bike on this forum for that kind of money.

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
movado_perfect said:
Depending on how much you are willing to spend, I can sell you my pristine 02 R1. None of the high-mileage or maintenance issues. Absolutely perfect, garage kept. One bug on headlight (soon to be gone). Here are pics, let me know if you're interested.

Buy this bike !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
clutch and engine

Hi guys, I have three questions. To decide if I want this bike or not

I have read that some bikes with this type of mileage have required clutch changes or engine rebuilds

1. How much does a clutch replacement cost?
2. how much is an engine rebuild
3. How much do you think the dealership GAVE for that bike (for bargaining purposes?

thanks for the replies

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi guys,

I went there to look at it. it was not as bad as it sounded but there were scratches on the pipe and small scratches on both sides.

I offered to go up to 4k but he would not take less than 5k so I passed.

another question

there is a 2000 blue r1 with micron muffler in my area with 13k miles.

What is a fair price on this one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.