Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 R1. Insurance company is quoting me at $119/month for full coverage, with a $500 deductible. Idk like man I only pay $38/month (liability...) for my 4x4 4 door F150 lol, like huh. WTF is going on with this quote though? Just wondering what you guys are paying in this day and age. I told State Farm I'd call them back tomorrow with an answer but just wanted to get a second opinion.

· Administrator
27,555 Posts
Age & location are a huge part of that. 1000 cc make a difference too. I'm 51 live in Michigan (2nd highest insurance state) and with state farm, I'm paying a little more than half of that quote. I also have 2 other vehicles on my policy.

· Registered
1998 R1
51 Posts
I just bought a 2012 R1. Insurance company is quoting me at $119/month for full coverage, with a $500 deductible. Idk like man I only pay $38/month (liability...) for my 4x4 4 door F150 lol, like huh. WTF is going on with this quote though? Just wondering what you guys are paying in this day and age. I told State Farm I'd call them back tomorrow with an answer but just wanted to get a second opinion.
GEICO, $76 per year ......

· Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
2,023 Posts
This subject has soo many variables.
I have 4 bikes and is $850 per year for full coverage.

· Registered
13 Posts
I just put a 2013 R1 with basic coverage for $250 ish for a year but my 2022 Street Glide Special max coverage just over a grand a year, yeah Gieco the way to go. Also
2020 Silverado 4x4 double cab and 2022 Camaro LT1 RS $1150 for year both combined max coverage! I don’t know how they do it butI’m not complaining! 😂

· I miss my R1
3,896 Posts
Right now I'm paying $283 a month for my 2016 Multistrada S, my 2021 Bronco and my 2022 Mustang GT and my household coverage. It's a lot when you total it up for the year, but individually they're obviously less than $100 a month, even before you count the house.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I called Geico yesterday and same thing happened that happened to the last insurance I called to get quoted. I have my truck and motorcycle so first thing I did was start with the truck, gave them all that information. They came back with like a $90/month plan for limited liability, which is just way more than I pay with State Farm. With State Farm I pay 38/month for the exact plan. All 3 insurance companies I called had it in the $90s and for some odd reason State Farm has me at $38. So all 3 phone calls ended right then before even getting to the motorcycle lol. All 3 were pretty baffled by that amount. So looks like I'm staying with State Farm but gonna have to just pay the $119/month for the 2012 R1. I guess I can't complain too much about it now that I know how nice the truck payment is.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought our insurance was expensive. I read your messages and realized that no. We pay for insurance in the amount of $31 per year for the Yamaha p1 2020
How is that even possible lol. $31 a year! Where do you live, like out in space where there's no chance of it getting dinged or dropped lol. Man that just seems too crazy to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts