Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My RR Eats your R1!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NONE!!! The R1 got pulled by the ZX everytime there wasn't a draft involved!!! What a great race.

·
My RR Eats your R1!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 Aaron Gobert Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R1
2 Jamie Hacking Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R1
3 Tommy Hayden Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX-10
4 Damon Buckmaster Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R1
5 Roger Lee Hayden
6 Jason DiSalvo Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R1
7 Josh Hayes Attack Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX-10R
8 John Haner Hooters Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
9 Steve Rapp Valvoline Emgo Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
10 Ben Spies American Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
11 Shawn Higbee Suzuki GSX-R1000
12 Eric Wood Hooters Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000

·
My RR Eats your R1!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top 5 in the lead draft. Neither bike had a HP advantage that I could see and any of the top 5 could have won. GP

·
My RR Eats your R1!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ANY 1 of the top 5 could have won. They were all covered with a blanket. Gobert was in 5th coming onto the banking and benefited from the 4 bike draft in front of him. From where I sat, the ZX's had the motor on the R1's and would consistently pull a gap coming on to the banking only to be drafted back. There was NOT much HP difference in these bikes. GP

·
Squid'o'tron
1,366 Posts
Juerg said:
That's why the ZX won, hm? ;)
Actually it was a great race and good team driving by the Yamahas. Gobert shot to first from fourth after Hayden was blocked by two Yamahas. The 10 did seem to be able to pull the R1 when in the straights.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
R1R00kie said:
Actually it was a great race and good team driving by the Yamahas. Gobert shot to first from fourth after Hayden was blocked by two Yamahas. The 10 did seem to be able to pull the R1 when in the straights.
Why yes they did........:fact

BD

·
Pops
1,495 Posts
good race! surprised at the kaw's bc of the test but goes to show tests are misleading. but since the kaw's couldn't gap or even lead the yamahas makes me think they're lacking somewhere.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
RL Hayden did in fact take the lead on 2 different occassions only briefly though, and the kawi's of the hayden bros worked their way to the front after about 5 laps so......

BD

·
I bleed Blue!
202 Posts
GPgofast said:
ANY 1 of the top 5 could have won. They were all covered with a blanket. Gobert was in 5th coming onto the banking and benefited from the 4 bike draft in front of him. From where I sat, the ZX's had the motor on the R1's and would consistently pull a gap coming on to the banking only to be drafted back. There was NOT much HP difference in these bikes. GP
Yep - I was there and saw it. It appeared the ZX10 could make a little ground on the high bank and onto the straight early in the race. Then, the Yamaha drivers caught on and started riding the same line. The true Yamaha advantage was in the infield. I sat in turn one and saw the Yamaha's laid over, hard on the binders and just outdrive the Kawasaki's. By no means was it a land slide victory - but having Yamaha come out on top was a thrill!

·
OG Moderator
996 Posts
Chucklemaster said:
Yep - I was there and saw it. It appeared the ZX10 could make a little ground on the high bank and onto the straight early in the race. Then, the Yamaha drivers caught on and started riding the same line. The true Yamaha advantage was in the infield. I sat in turn one and saw the Yamaha's laid over, hard on the binders and just outdrive the Kawasaki's. By no means was it a land slide victory - but having Yamaha come out on top was a thrill!

My thoughts as well

·
It's all about Attitude
192 Posts
Just a small reality check about the Graves Yamahas VS. the ZX10. graves has had the new bikes for quite a few months and is the acknowledged MASTER of how to make a Yamaha R-1 fly.
Kawasaki on the other hand is using pre-production bikes because the ZX10 release was delayed. Not only that they have to go from scratch with an all new platform, not an evolution of a proven design.
The ZX10 will be there on the podium plenty this year. Did you happen to notice how the well the all powerful and fully developed GSXR did:no
Will

·
I bleed Blue!
202 Posts
Yeah...I saw that Spies had the pole, jumped the start and did a stop-n-go. So, he was never really in the running. Of course, you may have been referring to Superbike - kudos to Mladin.

Thankfully, this year is going to be an awesome year with a lot of bar banging racing. I personally wouldn't have it any other way!

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Balistic said:
Just a small reality check about the Graves Yamahas VS. the ZX10. graves has had the new bikes for quite a few months and is the acknowledged MASTER of how to make a Yamaha R-1 fly.
Kawasaki on the other hand is using pre-production bikes because the ZX10 release was delayed. Not only that they have to go from scratch with an all new platform, not an evolution of a proven design.
The ZX10 will be there on the podium plenty this year. Did you happen to notice how the well the all powerful and fully developed GSXR did:no
Will
Aside from the all mighty draft both bikes had advantages & disadvantages in certain areas of DIS but as we witnessed the 10r did not get left behind what so ever!! and as you said considering GMS has had the R1 since about early Nov that makes the 10r even more impressive with its late pilot prod models used by Kawasaki.

BD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts