Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
I ordered my cover gasket and in the meantime I was thinking is there any way that I could get my new updated version rotor balanced?? I've heard several people having the bearings go bad and it seems like a rotor that's not perfectly balanced could lead to this. So while I'm waiting on my cover gasket I figured I would check into getting my new updated rotor checked/balanced if needed. I wonder if there is anyone who does this?? I'm thinking of calling a local engine rebuilding machine shop. I'm a CNC machinist myself in the lathe Dept but we have nothing for checking to see if this baby is balanced. I did check the runout on it and this baby looks to be nice and true.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
one way.:lol
Yes a one way collar spins one way but if you stick it on backwards it's going to spin the opposite one way. I've been trying to figure out if looking at the rotor from the back side if this one way should spin clockwise or counter clockwise. Going to get into mine tonight and will see then.

·
One fast and quick bike
92 Posts
hate to bring up an old thread...however I have been trying to get my bike to start for over a week and can't find jack on 04-06 starting issues like mine is. I'll explain...I've gone through replacing stator; starter rebuilt pulling roughly 140amp seems high but it starts with a jump, have a lithium battery and it drains it pretty quickly.

I have traced my error to maybe being the starter clutch, if ANYONE can tell me if the starter clutch once installed spins either way freely..that will greatly help me..I believe the starter clutch has locked up thus giving excess drag on the starter which is why it's pulling too many amps to turn the motor thus reason why even after full charge it needs a boost box to turn it on. Please any and all help would be a tremendous help to my headache of late

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Start a new thread numbnutz.:2bitchsla:

·
Registered
43 Posts
hate to bring up an old thread...however I have been trying to get my bike to start for over a week and can't find jack on 04-06 starting issues like mine is. I'll explain...I've gone through replacing stator; starter rebuilt pulling roughly 140amp seems high but it starts with a jump, have a lithium battery and it drains it pretty quickly.

I have traced my error to maybe being the starter clutch, if ANYONE can tell me if the starter clutch once installed spins either way freely..that will greatly help me..I believe the starter clutch has locked up thus giving excess drag on the starter which is why it's pulling too many amps to turn the motor thus reason why even after full charge it needs a boost box to turn it on. Please any and all help would be a tremendous help to my headache of late
The starter clutch and the starter clutch drive gear should "lock" or stick together when you try to turn them one direction, and the starter clutch drive gear should spin freely the other direction.

Start a new thread numbnutz.:2bitchsla:
Kangaroo, my only question is do you know of anywhere to buy that gasket inside the collar with one flat and one beveled side by itself? Or does the gasket come pre-installed when you buy the collar itself?

·
Registered
43 Posts
And what's the part number for that? I'm looking at my manual and partzilla but I can't seem to find that particular collar.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
20 Participants
ahelmsdeep
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing