Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1078 Posts

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
This mod changed your mapping? :dundun:
It didn't change my mapping. The addition of the plates upgraded my opinion of the graves map from crappy to ok. I didn't assume that would need explanation... :dundun:

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
Because of the decel popping?
That and a few other noticeable differences. I had a rough idle since the a&r baffle mod, which is now eliminated, I have smoother accel and decel in the lower rpms, and a few other things that remind me of a good tune.

·
burnin' up the streets
8,786 Posts
That and a few other noticeable differences. I had a rough idle since the a&r baffle mod, which is now eliminated, I have smoother accel and decel in the lower rpms, and a few other things that remind me of a good tune.
BUT the big question is, did you find the wheelie button?

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
ok. so i just ordered the Graves block offs from RidersDiscount (thanks TJ)
the vacuum plug comes in the kit?
i simply just remove the ais system and slap the block offs on? and maybe add some sealant?
Dunno if the air box plugs comes with that kit, it did with the Driven version :dunno

No sealant is required... Just remove the old AIS system and replace with the block offs, I cut the tab off of the solenoid to plug the bottom of the air box back up (if you don't there will be a gaping hole in your air box :2bitchsla) Having a ratcheting allen wrench (5mm if I'm not mistaken) will make this job go rather quickly... Have fun! :crash

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
BUT the big question is, did you find the wheelie button?
Dude, if you can port and polish my cylinder head like you did cr2011r1's, I wouldn't need it :flex:

·
R1der
4,014 Posts
Dunno if the air box plugs comes with that kit, it did with the Driven version :dunno

No sealant is required... Just remove the old AIS system and replace with the block offs, I cut the tab off of the solenoid to plug the bottom of the air box back up (if you don't there will be a gaping hole in your air box :2bitchsla) Having a ratcheting allen wrench (5mm if I'm not mistaken) will make this job go rather quickly... Have fun! :crash
thanks. lets see what comes in the box when i get them

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
Of course I can. Let me know when you're ready.
I sure will!!! I'm pretty sure I'll do it when it's time to check the valves... Now that I'm learning what this engine can really do, I'm excited! :jump

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
You're close enough to not pay shipping too!
You are correct! 405 to the 5 and I'm there in probably 45 minutes... I just need to find a decent engine builder near by and I'm in biz! lol Unless I can drop off my motor and let you do your magic :sneaky

·
burnin' up the streets
8,786 Posts
You are correct! 405 to the 5 and I'm there in probably 45 minutes... I just need to find a decent engine builder near by and I'm in biz! lol Unless I can drop off my motor and let you do your magic :sneaky
I don't have a garage currently. I have room for porting but not building....

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
I don't have a garage currently. I have room for porting but not building....
No biggie... If you know a good builder in the area, let me know! :thumbup

Oh yeah, since I'm not infront of the manual, when are the recommended valve inspection intervals? (mileage)

·
What's a motorcycle?
1,104 Posts
Even at 26,000 they are usually still in spec.
I just checked mine today and they're all perfectly in spec at 38,777 miles. Now I wish I hadn't opened up the head just to find out that I didn't have to open up the head :crash

....still, it's good peace of mind to know things are tidy.

1021 - 1040 of 1078 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
334 Participants
Arxagelos
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing