Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Team FAIL Racing
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me be the first to say that It was not my choice to make this a "how to" thread, I had originally posted it in the appearance and mods thread. One of the Moderators moved the thread with out asking me, so if you feel that this thread is incomplete or does not contain enough information, it was never meant to be used as instructions, just thread to capture the progress of my mod.

Step 1: remove lights

Step 2: pre-heat that oven to 300, and bake for 5 minutes

Step 3: remove from oven and pry apart the head lights

Step 4: remove the projector housing covers for paint

Step 5: drill two really small holes really close together to run the wires for the high beam halos

thats all i got for now...Ill finish painting tomorrow, and i need to get some super strong epoxy for the halos so they don't go bouncing around inside my headlights, and I also need to get some Meguiars Plastx, which is a plastic polish for the head light lens, so i can clean it while its all part.

Also in the mail are my Greggs mirror block off plates, CRG bar end mirrors and my clear alternatives integrated tail light....my starbucks cred is about to sky rocket :laughing

·
Team FAIL Racing
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Step 6: Install newly painted black projector housings

Step 7: go get your epoxy sealant and Plastix!

Step 8: line up the halo lights on the high beam side, and using painters tape to hold down the halos, Epoxy them in place

Step 9: repeat step 8 for the low beam halo lights

Step 10: make sure everything is lined up nice and straight and let them harden for at least an hour!! make sure to tape them down to get good pressure on the lights so they seal nicely

Step 11: go grab your Plastix, and clean those headlight covers

Before:

After:

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
good stuff!:thumbup what colour? and a link to where you got them?

·
Team FAIL Racing
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok update part 3, I spent my lunch break working on getting the lights back together.

Step 12: remove the tape from the Halo lights and lightly tug on the halos to make sure there not going anywhere.
then place the lens back onto the headlight, and use a hair dryer to head up the Silicone sealant. Im not sure if the Halos could take the heat in the oven....so i didnt chance it.

Step 13: reinstall the lights into the upper fairing-

Step 14: test the lights with a 9v battery...note that these lights are designed to be run on a 12V system so they will be brighter! :teeth

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.