Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Track days here I come
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I just got done installing the Race Baffles and I've got the pipes a little gunked up/dirty. What do you guys use to clean them off? Soapy water? WD/40 and a clotch??

Thanks,

SlasherMcGee

· Speed Is My Life...
271 Posts
thats what i did.....i bought some baffles already done and they were a little rusted so i took a rag, wet it up in some wd-40 and stuck it in the pipes and twisted it a couple of times. I figure anything that i can do to prevent premature rebaffling the better.

· My R1 excites me...
267 Posts
I go over my Ti-Force system every month or so with a nice coat of Mothers' metal polish. Works great on the Ti.

· No doot aboot it eh?
1,542 Posts
Wd-40

· Local Pavement Ripper
1,680 Posts
I'm surprised no one said "Penetration". I use Zep45 and penetrating lube. I suppooooose WD-40 would work, but since I wouldn't spray it on my door hinges, I won't spray it on my bike for sure haha.

· burnin' up the streets
8,817 Posts
I'm surprised no one said "Penetration". I use Zep45 and penetrating lube. I suppooooose WD-40 would work, but since I wouldn't spray it on my door hinges, I won't spray it on my bike for sure haha.
since zep45 just a wd-40 knock off I don't really see the difference.

I'm not really sure how far either is penetrating solid titanium.

· My R1 excites me...
267 Posts
I use WD-40 for the minor "spot cleaning" and such on the exhaust, but polish 'em as stated before because I don't like getting WD on the paint/plastics. Black is hard enough to keep looking good! ;)

· burnin' up the streets
8,817 Posts
I use WD-40 for the minor "spot cleaning" and such on the exhaust, but polish 'em as stated before because I don't like getting WD on the paint/plastics. Black is hard enough to keep looking good! ;)
I don't just turn the spray can loose on them, I use a rag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.