Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
When will I EVER stop messing.
1,878 Posts
hi, can u plz post or send me a diagram of how to build this eliminator for exup plz,plz,,, also wich colour cables conects to wich on the original loom>>??
Posts 7 & 8 on this thread show the diagram I used and the colour coding.

·
ME AND MY R1 WE R1
10 Posts
thank you..!! but i hav seen these posts the prob i hav is this, the colours in post 7 does not match up., for excample - i do not hav a blue wire , but i do hav a yellow and blue wire, also in post 8 it does'nt show colour out to loom, just what thay are, prob is i cant matchup, because my colours differ..!!! confused..!!;( plz help>>!!! here is my colour on wire from loom on exup motor; black/red;black/yellow;white/red;white/black;yellow/blue...??? the last two do not match up at all with diagram in post 7...??!!!! :((
:bow

·
Registered
198 Posts
Currently Making 20+ Of these for sale next week. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am about to put a stock exhaust back on an 07 that is running a full stainless drag exhaust. the exup motor is in place, but I am wondering if the the exup valve will naturally tune itself, or will it need to be adjusted?

I have had tons of 929s and 954s, and the htev system is essentially the same thing, and when they get out of sync are sometimes impossible to tune to get right with the cables. In the past I have just pinned the system open and it obviously loses power down low, but its twice as smooth.

wondering if anyone here has had issues returning to a full stock system. will be gutting the cats first. running stock cans though, I prefer the quiet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but.....

How about this? I realize that it isn't as "cheap" as your way, but for us that are noooot good with electronics, I think this will be the way that I go. Understandably, you wouldn't lose as much bulk as with your method, but muuuuch easier! Thanks a lot for the how to for those brave enough to attempt it! lol

·
~Liv2Rid3~
2 Posts
Did you build this from the Bike Harness?

So this is not built on the male end of the harness, correct? You built this on the female end? I was hoping not to cut off the existing Female connector to do this. I wanted to build it from the EXUP Motor connector. I have an 03 R1 same as you. I couldn't adjust the cables within specs, so I took it out. I didn't want to spend the money on the commercial ones because their success was spotty at best. Here I am trying to figure out what you guys have already put together. Don't laugh too hard at what's left of my servo motor connections. I don't get 17, but I do get 18. The very first time I put the connector on as you see it here, after I removed the motor and valve, there were no codes. I ran it up to temp and revved it a little and 18 came up and has not gone away. I've only ridden it about 20 miles. It's been less than 48 hours since I removed the parts.

Attachments

·
~Liv2Rid3~
2 Posts
So this is not built on the male end of the harness, correct? You built this on the female end? I was hoping not to cut off the existing Female connector to do this. I wanted to build it from the EXUP Motor connector. I have an 03 R1 same as you. I couldn't adjust the cables within specs, so I took it out. I didn't want to spend the money on the commercial ones because their success was spotty at best. Here I am trying to figure out what you guys have already put together. Don't laugh too hard at what's left of my servo motor connections. I don't get 17, but I do get 18. The very first time I put the connector on as you see it here, after I removed the motor and valve, there were no codes. I ran it up to temp and revved it a little and 18 came up and has not gone away. I've only ridden it about 20 miles. It's been less than 48 hours since I removed the parts.
So I ended up going with a single resistor and capacitor method. I can't understand half the stuff going on with what's in here, but I'm trying to learn. THe info is awesome!! So far the single resistor and capacitor is working. I've only had it on there for 62.5 miles. So far it's ok and it's been thru all the gears and all the way around the tac. I'm not trying to discredit the other method by any means, I'm just saying that I got lucky I think and so far this method is working for me. If there are others that can't make the full emulator, just try one of the other methods and build up from there. I still have left over transistors and capacitors that I bought so I can try and make the full emulator. Thanks to everyone for all the info!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys i have an r1 09 japanese spec and it comes with the exup. Wanted to get rid of the catlytic but cant find an exup eliminator for the r1 09 coz apparently no one has this version in us and uk. can someone help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys! Very need your help. Season is going besides me!
Week ago i had slide my bike on a race-track. Nothing serious but it started some electric problems. One of them - 17 code. Wires are fine. Tested them. I decided make eleminator by my self (inspirated by post 8). Unfortunately problem didn't solve. What i've done wrong?
Tried replace 2 different capacitors, 2 different transistors, no result.

Is there any others ways to figure out in wich element problem is?
I'd buy brand eliminator with pleasure but didn't sure that problem defenetely in servo.

Hope for your help)
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
thanks for the pics sss they where needed.

I've been busy this morning and got it made, fitted and it works great.

Pics of the parts to make two. Less than ?3 sterling / $5

The parts wired together, its not the prettiest as electronics are not my strong point but it's done the job.

Then taped together as the finished item, I used the connections from a spare exup motor I had so it fit straight in to the loom.

So I've saved ?60 sterling on buying one, saved 300g in weight and also saved some battery power from junking the motor as I'm running a total loss system.

Again many thanks to sss, with this and your lightweight battery I owe you so many beers. :beer:beer :thumbup

I'm hoping that someone that did this / or SSS - someone - anyone is still around. So my question is, where does the DIODE go to - IE the leg that goes through both resistors and the diode.... ? (This is for the 02 03 R1 FYI) - Thanks!!

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
what do you mean , in the pic from max the lions post?
the red goes to motor power 2 (black/yellow or black green , depending on model)

·
Registered
314 Posts
FYI - This mod works for all R1s and R6s and the FZ### series. It works perfectly for my 03 R1 - I tried it on my 2000 R1, my 03 R1, my buddies 07 R6R, an MT700 or whatever the hooligan bikes are called, I think it is MT and it worked perfectly on all of them. I had trouble at the beginning because the wiring instructions confused me but once I figured out what was going it worked 100%. I have a ton of extra parts so if anyone wants a parts or an assembled one ready to rock with instructions on where to connect each wire just PM me. I'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Clarity With Resistor

Hi All,

I'm hoping some one may help with this old thread topic.

The resistor?

Are all 3 poles connected to Motor Power 2?

Are the middle and lower connected to GND?
Is the top connected to OUT?

Top and bottom is referring to diagram

Thanks

Phillip

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi All,

I'm hoping some one may help with this old thread topic.

The resistor?

Are all 3 poles connected to Motor Power 2?

Are the middle and lower connected to GND?
Is the top connected to OUT?

Top and bottom is referring to diagram

Thanks

Phillip
Look at the last pic I posted it is for the 02 03 Model - it has all your answers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ignore My Last Post

Hi All,

Since posting to this thread I've see my errors. The transistor has 3 poles and I did not have the wires soldered as indicated in the photo of the transistor.

I think I called it a resistor too. Yes, it's new to me this electronic stuff. I appreciate the work of people here to figure this stuff out. I've had the bike on the work bench for more than a year, having bought it and stripping it down to check the items that need maintenance. It is the 2001 model YZF1000.

Thanks to the people that keep this site afloat.

And to the author

Phillip

121 - 140 of 164 Posts
About this Discussion
163 Replies
44 Participants
bsgesch
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing