Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
fast trottle

i did my throttle mod a bit differently, i just used a zip tie with super glue. cut it so that its the right length, then take a pliers or vise grips and connect the two ends so its in a loop. then heat it up a little bit with a lighter so it retains the shape. on each end angle it a bit so its a smoother transition for the cable. then just simply glue it on. and your done.
I did it with a slices of gaffa tape. Just cut many narrow pieces and stick one onto another until get desired radius. Cut on the sides. Works well :lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
2007 Fan Wire Looks Different

Has anybody done this simple version of the manual fan switch mod? The pictures in the write up don't look the same as mine. I found the yellow/green wire but it is in a plug not a relay and I don't see a relay like in the write up.

Any help would be awesome!

·
The Yellow Peril
308 Posts
There is a much quicker and easier way to convert the throttle to quick action and it also allows you to set the distance as you wish. i.e. 1/2 or 1/4 opening. I'll post something up later today when I take a few pictures.

·
The Yellow Peril
308 Posts
It simply involves cutting a small piece of plastic to what length you require and insert it in the groove for the opening cable. I cut a piece half the length of the opening cam for a 1/2 turn action. If you did it for 3/4 of the length you'd have a 1/4 turn action. It's easier to explain with the pics but it is a lot easier.

·
Going Broke and Loving It
105 Posts
Did the fan bypass switch, works great for the 08s! took about an hour, 15 minutes looking for the stupid inserts that fell up under the table.

·
R1 wishful thinker :(
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mine is still going strong after having the switch for a few years :D My quick turn unit works fine too.

The second way to do it won't give you as short a throw, but would be good for someone who doesn't want to put the extra labor into it. The PVC rings aren't easy to makeif you don't have a belt sander. Can't beat physics (less material in the circle = less diameter = more throttle travel).

-Dave

·
Call me....Call me Now...
247 Posts
Yeh well I guess you guys are coming into summer so now is a good time to revive it ..LOL

Anyone done it on an 09 yet?
Where and what color are the wires?

·
Mad Thou Rider
2,742 Posts
Hi guys,

On the suggestion of another forum member, I've started making tutorials for projects, if I haven't seen them up here yet.

My first two are for the manual fan switch and PVC pipe quick turn throttle mod.

See them here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~smith547

Scroll down and the links are at the bottom.

Enjoy!

Standard disclaimer- if you kill yourself or your bike blows up, I am not liable- tutorials are for academic purposes only! :D

-Dave
awesome, just what ive been looking for

·
Registered
123 Posts
i know its been a while since some one last posted.... i herd today the an R6 throttle tube prior to 2006 will make a quick turn throttle ... just wondering if any one has herd that?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
26 Participants
lynggaard
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing