Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
GET A CAMERA AFTER THE FIRST COUPLE OF TIMES U DO A STOPPY . U WILL FEEL LIKE UR GONNA FLIP OVA WHEN U REALLY ONLY 6INCHES OFF DA GROUND.WITH DA CAMERA ULL B ABLE TO GAUGE UR HEIGHT WITH HOW HIGH U FEEL.THEN ULL GET A BETTER PERSPECTIVE OF WHERE U AT IN THE STOPPIE. PLUS ITS A SERIOUS CONFIDENCE BUILDER TO SEE URSELF ON FILM DOIN SOME S#@T.

·
Registered
54 Posts
another thing to do , as almost all the basics are coverd is well at first take off your mirrors, man I went through plenty lol, and get out a camera, or camcorder, as at first an inch feels like a mile don't look at the film till the end of the day it might hurt the process if you look too soon, also get a mouthy cocky friend to abuse you and keep you trying, " oh that was sh1tty, man my grand mom...." you know the type, also if you know anyone who can help you pay/ask them for advice. watch out for painted lines that are reflective as they have glass inthem and are slippery, try to focus on a start point, ie a spare tire or spray painted line ht it there and see how far you get, speed is good but stay where you are comfortable, you can always start the coasting at the same speed and pull the break when you are read, 80-70-60-40-whatever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
R1 vs. 900RR (endos)

blutofu said:
does anyone know if its easier to do stoppies and rolling stoppies on a cbr 900rr than a r1?
THe R1 is smoother, especially with steel brake lines and upgraded pads. The RR however is a damn good bike to endo, for those unforunate,slower, honda owners out there .

·
Don't let the 600 fool you!!!
15 Posts
try to do it like this. don't ask it isn't me it is my friend Rudy. he one of those i ride hard cuz i have to kinda guys. but whatever it is he can do the craziest stuff.

·
Cant turn right king
1,834 Posts
THIS is how i stoppie... just ride around until you find some dumb B**ch and just ride behind her/him and wait for her/him to do something totally stupid that requires you to SLAM on your front :scared ... Carry a passenger and charge them for hte ride per-ft off teh seat :jump

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys seem to have these down to an art. Is there any
way to learn 'em without ever dumping your machine? Or is the
best way just to have another bike devoted purely to stunts?

·
We All Crave More POWER
321 Posts
muaythaimaster said:
You guys seem to have these down to an art. Is there any
way to learn 'em without ever dumping your machine? Or is the
best way just to have another bike devoted purely to stunts?
You don't need a dedicated bike. But you do need a steering damper and If you're gonna do 1000+ endos, you gonna need to replace your steering head bearings often. The only reason I went down is due to no steering damper and when you get one (adjustable), turn it way up. A tank slapper at 30 MPH at 6 O'clock equals 3 months out of work for me (knee rebuild). Did I mention to get a steering damper?:confused:

·
Registered
910 Posts
nobody mentioned the perfect front suspension setup for rolling stoppies?? I see some guys have it soft from the pics and others have it setup fairly stiff (not much bottoming going on) Personally, I prefer the latter setup
anyone else prefer the opposite?

·
y0 pimp
142 Posts
NCLunatixR1 said:
I do not recommend stopping the rear wheel with the brake. If you stop it with the brake then the inertia from the tire is transferred to the brake(bike) and if you are in a nice high position, it could cause you to go over the balance point unintentionaly. If you do an endo for a decent distance the tire should stop anyways. So, there you go.

T
North County Lunatix
:iamwithst

i got the hang of rollin stoppies now go around 40-50 mph bounce your ass off the seat hit the front brake and once it comes off the ground release "still apply brake but not as much "feather the front brake"and just pray u dfont go over lol

·
*My R-Uno Stay's Dirty*
427 Posts

Attachments

·
No EXUP!
679 Posts
i'm too much of a biotch to try these hahaha...someday. i'll learn on my friend 900RR stuntbike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
preload

you want to take off some of the preload from the front to do a stoppie. this allows more weight to be transfered to the front end, hence more traction. when the preload is tight, you are shifting forward, and then, wam, all the sudden you hit the taunt resistance and the suddeness of it increases horizontal force on the tire (not good). when the preload is soft, the weight gradually shifts on and gets firmer, no firm point so to say. just get the preload just enough, but not to much.

if you didnt feel like reading that or to complicated, loosen your preload to do a endo.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts
About this Discussion
108 Replies
75 Participants
Ridick_Bowen
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing