Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

421 - 433 of 433 Posts

·
Cops Lie!
198 Posts
so i got a 02 r1 stretched 6 inches and lowered 2 inches, for all you pussies that say the bike wont wheelie, trust me its not the bike, shiit i can go 45-50 mph and slip the clutch up to 10-11k and Bam that mother****er is at 11 oclock, so im pretty excited to take the extension off because with the stretch it is so much more unstable but a 1/2 mile is still no problem
I want to see the video of this "11 o'clock" wheelie of yours on your stretched 02. I have a stretched 02, lowered as well, and I just dont think I'd wanna put it at 11 o clock. youd seem like your a hundred feet off the ground lol. get pics of your amazing 11 o clock wheelie please and thank you

·
Rubber side down
3,272 Posts
I can't stress enough about timing. I find for me that the rpm's are key. It comes up real easy using the bounce method when the rpm's are a little less than 7000 in 2nd gear. That should put your speed in the upper 60's maybe. So try starting the wheelie going a little faster.
2nd @ 70mph does it for me every time i can stay-up all day

·
Rubber side down
3,272 Posts
The newer R1's don't balance well at lower speeds. Going 80 allows you to balance the bike at a lower angle.

Unless you're a skilled stunt rider, these bikes are really hard to maintain a low speed wheelie. They are not bikes to learn on.
true that!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scoots:

·
Registered
2 Posts
crossplane wheelies

any1 know the best stock suspension settings for standups??

Any reviews on the 1down 2up gearing??

·
Stunt it! Crash it! Repair it!
413 Posts
I wouldn't adjust any suspension settings.

+5 is the standard upgrade. But it should make clutching up easier.

I'm at +8 on my R6s.

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,557 Posts
my crossplane is too fat.

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,557 Posts
i guess im the one thats fat than.

421 - 433 of 433 Posts
About this Discussion
432 Replies
174 Participants
DSM908
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing