Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
PUNCH YOUR EAR. DO IT!!!
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some issues with FI fuel hose being kinked and needed some help asap. BSR hooked a fellow R1 member up with this link to the FZ-1 site and I will be doing this mod tonight. This looks legit, easy, cheap and better for performance/maintenance etc.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105290&highlight=fuel+line+kink

Again, props to BSR for showing this to me. Thought I was doomed.

·
PUNCH YOUR EAR. DO IT!!!
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So results just in... It worked! Super easy install and solved my problem! costs about 10$ to do and my bike feels good again!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice. Glad you got it worked out

·
PUNCH YOUR EAR. DO IT!!!
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods any way to make this a sticky? This was such an easy and amazing mod and hope that if anyone ever has this issue that they could easily find it.

·
PUNCH YOUR EAR. DO IT!!!
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did this tonight. Actually worked really well. Now I can't lift the tank up and down as much as I want with no worries:thumbup
Might just be me, but it feels as if the gas is getting through more fluidly causing a better feel of the bike. Regardless, it's great for functionality.

·
Banned
12,673 Posts
Might just be me, but it feels as if the gas is getting through more fluidly causing a better feel of the bike. Regardless, it's great for functionality.
i havent rode mine yet. fired it up and it idled and rev'd fine. previously i did notice some of the surging they were talking about over on the fz forum, not bad but noticeable. hopefully this takes care of the issue. the best thing about it is i was able to fix it last night at 9pm without waiting two weeks for parts:lol oh and it was free:fork

·
37,490 Posts
with 04-06, I've never had space issues beneath the tank to do this mod.

·
PUNCH YOUR EAR. DO IT!!!
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with 04-06, I've never had space issues beneath the tank to do this mod.
This may be true, but after several times of lifting the tank up it began to cause the plastic lined fuel line to stretch/kink if I too hastily pulled the tank up or put it down. This is exactly what happened and the damage of the line was not visible. Now there is no need to worry about it.
peace of mind

·
37,490 Posts
For cali models, you can free up some more space by getting rid of the charcoal canister. The fuel line has a nice u bend that helps lessen the 'kinking' that might occur. :dunno

Don't think its sticky worthy though. :thumbup

·
Not every man really lives
3,263 Posts
Again, props to BSR for showing this to me. Thought I was doomed.

That's awesome, long story short, he provided me with a link for a code 12 error code fix on my 06. A local shop couldn't figure out what was causing my problem, thought I was doomed too. lol.

·
Banned
12,673 Posts
For cali models, you can free up some more space by getting rid of the charcoal canister. The fuel line has a nice u bend that helps lessen the 'kinking' that might occur. :dunno

Don't think its sticky worthy though. :thumbup
mine isnt a cali model. the line wasnt visibly kinked but if you felt it you def could tell. blowing air through both the stock and the homemade hoses showed how restricted that old one was:lol im not saying it sticky worthy. im just saying it helped me in a tight spot and saved me 40 some bucks:thumbup

·
Never trust a fart
694 Posts
I unknowingly kinked my line after installing block off plates and an air filter. After riding around and feeling my bike fall on its face (no '09 jokes please, haha), I realized something was wrong. I propped open the tank to trouble shoot, and saw the plastic/rubber fuel line kinked. And as we know it likes to hold its shape. I tried bending it back and have been riding around since. The bike feels fine, but I'm definitely going to do this mod to make sure there isn't even a small unseen kink somewhere. Thanks!

·
PUNCH YOUR EAR. DO IT!!!
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine isnt a cali model. the line wasnt visibly kinked but if you felt it you def could tell. blowing air through both the stock and the homemade hoses showed how restricted that old one was:lol im not saying it sticky worthy. im just saying it helped me in a tight spot and saved me 40 some bucks:thumbup
non-cali model here as well. thought i was gonna be sticky-famous :snorkel

·
nitrous ftw.
265 Posts
did this tonight on my 04.. The bike randomly developed a terrible lean idle (16.5:1) and way lean from 4k-7k @ 2 & 5% throttle. Same map as 14.7 idle, 13.5 cruise.. Same air, same everything.. just randomly went lean and stayed there - only at idle and 4-7k

Replaced the line on the supply and return hoses.. Fixed the issue instantly.

·
R1 Forum Star
16,200 Posts
well I was having the surging issue....mine is kinked...now my bazzaz map will be all screwed to hell...time to start over I guess

·
R1 or nothin
489 Posts
Mods any way to make this a sticky? This was such an easy and amazing mod and hope that if anyone ever has this issue that they could easily find it.
I fkn love this forum...i was having the same issue and this solved my prob onetime...bike was running like shite since i got it and after reading this thread i decided to pull up the tank and have a look at the fuel line and as true as **** the line was kinked...sorted it out and now the bike runs like a deamon...big up to the R1 forum members!!!

bones heal and chicks dig scars

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
42 Participants
bacchus40
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing