Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,995 Posts
went down under last night hahah... stacks install n' Tbody balancing, so i decided to
use the EFI hose i bought last week lol... i used the 1/4th inch hose, ... efi connectors as well

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,995 Posts
do it sooner than later mang, mine had a nasty kink right at the 90 deg bend off the fuel pump..
it was squished nearly damn flat... there's no way i was getting proper flow through which
would lead me to believe the fuel pump was working more than necessary...

my fuel map was definitely rich as fvck as I took it for a ride yesterday, i had my auto-tune on the whole time and it took a good couple hour ride to clear up all
the backfiring, popping on deceleration and such... very obvious, kinked fuel line!! i routed the new line back and around the back of the hoses/ electrical connection
from the fuel pump so its a nice damn nearly perfect circle from fuel pump to the fuel rail... and YES i have already seen temperatures drop a good 15 degrees on avg!! :bow

better fuel flow, better fuel mapping, cooler running bike due to better fuel consistency! priceless!! :fact

·
Registered
140 Posts
did mine today, hardest bit had to be removing the old lines from the quick release connectors, ended up using a stanley knife and some care.

went for this hose as it seemed alot more difficult to kink and also cheaper. £2 for a meter inc clips.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,995 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Alright... I feel really dumb for having this problem... but I cant seem to route the fuel line on my 05. I have 18" of efi 100 psi hose, two 90 degree fuel line quick connects (what was on it when I started this project), and two high pressure clamps. Which ever way I route the hose it kinks at one end or the other and I cant seem to get it on there.

My fuel pump connector faces to the right (right leg) and my fuel rail faces straight to the back. If I route the fuel pump connector rearward it kinks on the rear shock area. If I route it forward it causes the fuel rail end to kink when it faces to the left (left leg).

Am I being that dense??? I had to walk away, I was getting frustrated that I couldn't handle something so simple...

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Doing this tomorrow while my tank is out of the way. I am replacing my PC3 with a PCV and installing a motion pro throttle kit...

Thanks Forum!!!
What is the advantage of going from a PC3 to a PC5? I presently have a PC3, the bike runs great!! If I replaced it with a PC5 would it need to be re-dyno tuned?

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
What is the advantage of going from a PC3 to a PC5? I presently have a PC3, the bike runs great!! If I replaced it with a PC5 would it need to be re-dyno tuned?

I had a PC3 before, and had the opportunity to get a PC5. Honestly, it's just a smaller, newer unit. You can load the same map from your PC3 onto your PC5. Their might be some dyno jet add on modules that only work on the PC5, like ignition module but I'm not sure and don't need to use them. You can have a QS on both units too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Play hard Ride harder
249 Posts
So did the mod, but if someone could elaborate more about the second fuel line is for. Can't be much pressure there with the little clamps that they put on, would it be like a relief line ?

I noticed that it was kinked basically closed even when I took it off, doesn't open at all.

Hopefully the picture shows up i circled it in red.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
42 Participants
bacchus40
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing