Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I Bleed Blue
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this info off a friend of mine who programs computers for most branches of law inforcement in the USA and thought I would share it with my R1 brothers.

If or should I say when you get a ticket for any violation regarding traffic laws do this.
When you receive the info from the cops in the mail telling you how to pay and how much $ the fine is, wright a check for a small amount over the total fine. (like 10 bucks or so) This will cause the system to automatically generate and send you a check for the amount you over paid. DO NOT CASH THIS CHECK !!! The reason is the points do not show on your record until the transaction from the over payment is complete. Until you cash that check and the bank lets the database know that the check has cleared your points don't show up. And after 3 years they are gone forever.
Now this wont last forever so take advantage of this while you can :sneaky

·
Formley known as slutty
5,175 Posts
WOW whish I would have know of this b4 I lost my licensce

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
I think he means YOU be the one to get pulled over and deal with the ticket, regardless of the outcome........

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
It's total :bs It's been around awhile and the states are all too happy to take the extra money you send them. Don't hold your breath waiting for a refund check either. :lol

http://hoaxinfo.com/ticket.htm

Oh, and for your "friend".............:2bitchsla

·
Registered
119 Posts
The best way I have heard to avoid the points is when you get the letter in the mail as to when you have your court date, just send a letter postponing the date. You will get a new letter a few months later with a new date which you again make up a bullshit excuse and postpone again. Keep doing this as often as you can and after 3 years finally go to the court for your ticket. If the cop even shows up, you might get the ticket and points, but the points are effective from date of violation. Which was three years ago so points never really show up. This is a theory that I have heard from a close source who has gotten many tickets. Not sure of whether it really works or not though.

·
i make your girl wet...
1,638 Posts
i've heard about that last one too and i think it's allowed to be postponed 3 times. but look at it this way...3 months or 6 months later is just that much more likely that the copper will forget...

·
U WANT SOME-COME GET SOME
41 Posts
I heard of sending more money and one of my buddies did it and it worked LOL LOL . Now that extension wouldn't work for me cause I live in California. And about losing your license well here goes my story..... It was about 7 yrs ago and I owned a Yamaha 500 ( street fighter looking thing ) and I lived in San Francisco by 43rd and Lincoln ( SunSet District ) I was coming home from the bar ( mistake #1) and this Ford 5.0 pulled up next to me at Upper Great Highway and wanted to race.....Well believe it or not i beat him ( oboviousely he didnt know how to drive getting smokeed by a 500 ) well I turn around in the middle were people walk.....just has i was facing the other way a cop lite me up....now he is on the other side and there is a pole so he couldntr cut across and ice plants.....sooo verooom I take off..... Now I look back and that ****ing pig took his crown victiran over the ice plants.....well i couldnt stop now so i made a right on Lincoln and shot up to 43rd to back track...(mistake #2 never back track ) ....I turn on my block and that mofo was at the other end.....has soon has he saw me he came racing.....I flipped a bitch and was racing up Lincoln.....I was at least 6 block ahead when I turned into Golden Gate park at 25th Ave.....once your in the park there you can go either left or right......this is where i was going to lose him......so i take turn in/out and....and just when i give it gas my ****en back end slides out and ........BAM.....I was done......I had about 7 cop cars around me in seconds with gun drawn.....the next day after i got out of 850 Bryant St ( jail ) me and my buddy went by the scene and saw that where i had crash was a stripp of sand on the side of the road....JUST MY LUCK !!!.... AND THANKS MY STORY THANKS FOR READING !!!!!!

·
...Is just so addicted to R1..
880 Posts
used to work...

It's actually not as "urban myth" as you may think- but the authroties got wise to it, as did insurance companies- and let 's face it- in this country, it's always about the scummy insurance companies and the mighty dollar!

The overpay deal DID used to work- at least here in NY. However you had to pay like 25 bucks or so- if it was 5 bucks or something insignificant, they'd just leave it.

I'm not even certain if it DOES NOT work anymore- who knows, it might. However 4 years ago it worked for my mom- she got the tip from a friend of hers, overpayed 2 2 pointers by 50 bucks and sure enough, within about 6 weeks, got a check back from the country or the state. She never cashed it, and points never effectively hit her insurance. not bad indeed...

·
PWN3R
1,364 Posts
I've tested it 3 times and it never worked!
It is simply bull crap... it was always a myth that's what happens when a lot of people spread rumours

·
I Bleed Blue
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
echo7 said:
I've tested it 3 times and it never worked!
It is simply bull crap... it was always a myth that's what happens when a lot of people spread rumours
mabe it is BS mabe its not I just heard about it for the first time a few days ago.but you did it 3 TIMES?
:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I promise you that wont work. Ive heard and have had to go to court a few times for it. I pull some ass over he the ticket for careless here is 79 dollars and write it for 89 and then I have to go to court because I didint expalin the ticket correctly and then after the judge sees my hard copy and all call ins are recorded so those are used as well. All said and done it will cost you your points unless you take the class and will cost you 1 days court fees. Go ahead and try it.

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
268 Posts
I usually tell the Judge that I drive a lot for miles and it hurts me to have points added. I have had 2 tickets and every time they just gave me a higher fine. Like say I had a 80 fine...it would be 150, but no points.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts