Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Nothing cuter than ass & udder
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

bought Lucas Stahlflex brake lines....I think in USA its called SS.

Found a good hint for installing them in this forum:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212347&highlight=brake+line

But how to pass the lines further to the break-pump? What ist the optimum "route"? Instruction says it shall not crease or rubb. Attach with cable tie along the fork? Behind or in front of the horn?

Has somebody pictures?

·
Nothing cuter than ass & udder
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As nobody seems to know, or what I really think, to care: here how i thought, the best way is.....

First attach banjo screw, complete with ring seals and break lines loosely to the brake cylinder. Install wires in front of the fork rod. Put a screwdriver or something similar between rod and wires (as spacer), then tighten carefully. There?s actually no chance to get with a torque wrench to the screw, even if you loose the brake cylinder. So that depends on manual skills. Bodybuilders are here definitely at a disadvantage, cause the alu-screw is damagable.

See the gap between rod and lines (arrow). Actually it?s no good idea to by lines without plastik jacket. It will be hard to install without scratches...

then use cable fixers.

And use the oirigin brake line holders (fuel feed pipe trick)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.