Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Swedish nutcase
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...
I've been working on my bike all winter and I'm almost done with it.. I really think all the hard work paid off. But I have a problem..
When I turn on the ignition I have a fault cone on my screen. It's fault code number 17 and after looking in the manual I discovered that it was the exup that had an open curcuit. This is because I put on an Graves full titanium system this winter and therefore I had to remove the exup. How do I get this fault code to dissapear?? :cryin

I would need som pictures and an how-to.. Could anyone please help me?? What should I do and where should I do it??

I'm very

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: right now...:blush

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
or you can just jump a wire between 2 of the 4 female prongs of the exup connector instead of sams servo sub.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,588 Posts
Sam's Survo Sub..... works wonders.... i bought it last month... took 15 mins to install.... and i haven't had a problem since..... love it

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
Does that work on 2004 exup ?

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,588 Posts
so far is is supose to work with all Exup Survos..... you can e-mail the people using the e-mail adress on the website

·
Swedish nutcase
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VPREATR said:
Stephen_chef:
Re-install the Exup servo motor and harness plug (w/o the valve cables) or purchase/install a Sam's Servo Sub.

Reference Link:
http://www.samannasystems.com/

Thanks!
Ok.. This is what I've done right now.. I've re-installed the Exup servo motor. I've also disconnected the Wires that open and close the exup. So the motor is running but without the cables that open and close the exup. Is this bad or do I really have to buy this Sam's Servo Sub??

Will this damage my bike if i go on driving like this??
:confused:

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,588 Posts
:iamwithst

you can leave the servo like that... unless you want to get rid of a little extra heff on the bike........ but it's not much like 1 lb diffrence i think...... can't remeber.... but it's all it what you feel....... as me... i'm still looking for ways to put her on a diet.... ha ha

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,588 Posts
p.s. sam's Servo sub is also supose to help with power distributation to the igniton system...... check out the site... read about it.... if you feel you don't need it then..... don't buy it... LOL.... but the way you have it now is fine.... untill that day comes when your Servo finally gives out.... till then.... ride on.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts