Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Bad Spellers...UNTIE!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
..sure...its good? y is it just layin around?
BSR-1 is the real deal. You can trust him. (I have several times, and I am still grateful for his knowledge and generosity.)

·
2004 R1
32 Posts
I had fault code "11" come on yesterday. Earlier in the week I replaced my spark plugs, as I've been dealing with a rough idle issue for a while now. Thought a spark plug change may do the trick. Once I put everything back together and buttoned her up, I guess I didn't organize the wires properly, as the fault code 11 came on the next time I took her out (see pics below). I purchased the replacement from the above link for the "sensor, cam position," part # 5VY-85896-01-00. It will take a week or two to ship, so I'll follow-up with the results after I install it. I'm hoping this new cylinder identification sensor will improve my rough idle issue. Based on the other research I've done, I'm thinking I may have to look at the throttle positioning sensor or the throttle bodies if this doesn't do the trick. I'm also going to use some zip-ties to better organize the wires so they are away from the radiator and fans.

Attachments

·
burnin' up the streets
8,786 Posts
I had fault code "11" come on yesterday. Earlier in the week I replaced my spark plugs, as I've been dealing with a rough idle issue for a while now. Thought a spark plug change may do the trick. Once I put everything back together and buttoned her up, I guess I didn't organize the wires properly, as the fault code 11 came on the next time I took her out (see pics below). I purchased the replacement from the above link for the "sensor, cam position," part # 5VY-85896-01-00. It will take a week or two to ship, so I'll follow-up with the results after I install it. I'm hoping this new cylinder identification sensor will improve my rough idle issue. Based on the other research I've done, I'm thinking I may have to look at the throttle positioning sensor or the throttle bodies if this doesn't do the trick. I'm also going to use some zip-ties to better organize the wires so they are away from the radiator and fans.
Spark plugs are a good place to start, and now this sensor of course.
Let us know how it turns out.

·
2004 R1
32 Posts
The Cam sensor is working great and I also just had my bike dyno’d. It is running great. I highly recommend Proven Power in Tampa. Eric is a great dyno technician.

·
2004 R1
32 Posts
Here’s the replacement sensor I purchased (as mentioned in my previous post). It was delivered on time.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
9 Participants
IoMTT04R1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing